Does anyone know if I can still file 2008 taxes thru Turbo Tax online?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by keke466, Apr 21, 2010.

  1. keke466

    keke466 New Member

    I filed an extension for 2008 and I forgot to file and now after filing one for 2009 I received a letter from IRS telling me I need to file the 2008 taxes. Do you know if I can still file the 2008 online thru Turbo Tax? I've filed the last few yrs with them.
  2. Janalynn

    Janalynn New Member

    I've never used Turbo Tax so don't know that answer. I'd assumer you could, but you might want to call and ask. There might even be an online help center.

    I know it's a lot more serious not filing than not paying, so I'd definitely file right away.
  3. spacee

    spacee Member

    I just asked my almost asleep CPA DH if you could file 2008 by Turbo Tax.
    He said yes.

    The IRS is only "mad" if you owe them. But they will be happy to bill
    you penalty fees and interest fees. Then they will be all smiles.

  4. Janalynn

    Janalynn New Member

    When I said it's a lot more serious not to file than to pay, what I meant was, you have to file, even if late. If you owe, you can always make payment arrangements. By not filing, they have no idea if you owe and may be avoiding paying taxes.