Does anyone know of a Dr. in central Wisconsin that treats Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daquayom, May 31, 2006.

1. daquayom

daquayom New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago, but in the last 6 months it has gotten worse. I can't even fold more than 2 pieces of laundry anymore without having to take a rest. The doctor that diagnosed me is nolonger in this area and those that I have seen since look at fibromyalgia as a joke and "In my head"! Anyone know of a good doctor in central wisconsin that deals with fibromyalgia?
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

The only one I have found is:
    Kent L Partain, MD
    Affinity Medical Group Menasha

This is my rheumatologist.He diagnosed me with FM(DDD,OA) back in 1997.He is the ONLY Dr. that I have ever seen that believes in FM.From 2001 until now,my insurance did not allow me to see him,but just last Fri. I got to go back to him.
    I think there is another Dr. around Eau Claiore or something that has some brains too,but I am not sure what his name is.
    I did see a Pain Management Dr. acouple times(Judy Wilson) but she left my area and went somewhere else)

3. janieb

janieb New Member

Our closest city is Eau Claire. The Midelfort Clinic has a Dr. Nye, who diagnosed me. When I didn't show progress and couldn't go to 1/2 time work, he kind of lost interest. Just recently I heard that he has Fibro.

I switched to a Dr. Adel, also at the Midelfort and have seen her once. She is a rhumeolotogist? but specializes in fibro. She was recommended by my GP and several other people. Liked her very much and was acquainted with the guai protocol, so that's what I'm trying now.

If you're near Eau Claire you might want to give her a try. We looked for a doctor near Eau Claire for a long time and finally found her.

Good luck.

janieb