Does anyone know of a dr. that takes medicaid i Kissimmee, fl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewels330, Jan 25, 2012.

  1. Jewels330

    Jewels330 New Member

    I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and need a specialist that takes medicaid. I am in connstant pain and the meds my doctor has me o just doesn't really help. I am knew to this and getting very depressed really fast b/c of all of this. I need to work but can't b/c of the mobility issues I am having. Amy help or advice would be great.
  2. Beadlady

    Beadlady Member

    I know it is hard to find a doctor who takes Medicaid. Some drs. accept Medicaid by a referral from another doctor and some not at all. You don't say what kind of specialist you need to see. Did you ask your regular dr for any referrals?

    Another possible idea, would be to contact your local Community Action Agency--sometimes they have a list of drs. that accept Medicaid. I used to work for a Community Action Agency~~or they may be listed as Community Action Partnership; and I helped many clients get connected with a doctor for Medicaid. It is a time consuming process and a lot of phone tag.

    Good Luck.[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2012]

[ advertisement ]