Does ANYONE know what this is ????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 27, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

does anyone have swollen lumps that just appear in weird spots on your body? I can watch these things swell without doing anything.
    They are on the top of my hand ,right above my wrist about 3 inches long ,another one is on the inside part where my elbo bends.I have this on my shoulders and again on the top of my legs right above my knees and inbetween my thighs.Also the tops of my feet.And on my chest above my breast towards the middle.

It looks like Im just fat in these areas but they go up and down in the swelling.I do not know if these are lumph notes or not. They hurt like a soreness and the swelling streaches my skin sometimes they are very warm like a fever.
  2. TKE

TKE New Member

Could be your lymph glands aren't functioning properly. We have them all over our body. Their function is to distrubute fluids & also filter impurities. If it were me I'd get this checked ASAP.

3. cherie23

cherie23 New Member

what they are but I have them too. Mostly in the same places you've described but I also get them up and down my back and all along my ribs. I had one Dr. tell me it comes with the FM, but he also told me FM was just a last resort diagnosis that most people consider to "all in your mind."
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Several years ago my brother got lumps in all kinds of places that seem to be what you describe. He had tons of tests done with no luck. This went on for a couple years I think. Then one day he became very sick and they discovered his gallbladder was infected and it was removed. He never had another odd swelling after that.

Just food for thought.

Shar
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I had my Gullblatter taken out 27 years ago.
  6. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I didn't mean to suggest that it was the gallbladder itself that was causing the lumps but rather the brewing infection.

He had been having symptoms of the gallbladder problem now and then but had always chalked it up to something he ate or the flu. By the time it was removed it was an absolute mess and he was in the hospital for a couple of days.

So my point was maybe you have something going on somewhere else in your body (like you really need another problem, I know) and the lumps are a reaction to that.

It was just a thought,
    Shar
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

yes ,I have thought about that I think that could be what is going on. thank you for your thoughts on this.
  8. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i had the swelling lumps when i crashed 3yrs ago at the top of wrists and on 1 calf. i showed the drs and no one seemed concerned or knew what it was

i concluded it was inflammation and over a periodf of time they went away love gail
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

10. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Hi, I got my 1st weird lump with the onslaught of 1st fibro symtoms. It was on top of my head. It would go from firm and painful to pliable and sore to hard and painless at any time. Some times when I was also syptomatic w/ fibro, sometimes not. They fianlly took that one out and it looked like something out of Startrack. I kid you not. Like a big fat brite yellow centapied covered in blood. About and inch & a 3/4 long with five long protrusions coming out the side. Aaakkkk!

I also have one on the outside of my thigh. The same thing, sometimes it hurts, swells, is like a cycst or hard. Its the size of an orange, feverishly hot sometimes and acts up when I'm sick. They won't deal with this one. The first one I had out was under my jaw on the left side of my face. It showed up before the fibro. I had it out in a 10 hour surgery. It turned out to be a "Wharthor's Tumer" if I recall correctly. I got it out one year before they are suppose to become malignant. They had been blowing it off for years.

You have to be your own advocate in the medical system. Insist on a biopsy if you have to. Just a small needle one. You must speak up for yourself.

MM
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

its not a fatty tumor I have had those before .These look more like they are fluid filled and go up and down.