does anyone know what'sgood for leg cramps,or what causes them

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by danisue22, Mar 18, 2003.

1. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

If anyone could help I'd be oh so grateful.Mine went away after I started taking Baclofeen,they have even increased the dosage an now they are back worse than ever.My feet and legs turn into the most awkward positions.I can't take neurotin.What causes them anyway. Please help they are moving to other parts of my body. ThanksDanisue
  2. dghoover

dghoover New Member

I'm sorry you are having trouble with leg cramps. When I have them I put a heating pad on them or get into a very warm tub of water, that seems to help me. I have these cramps in my back alot, My mom will very gentlly rub my back, till it easies up. I'll be praying for you. Debra
  3. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

for mine I am being told that it is sleep cramps
  4. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Leg cramps can be caused by low potassium. Bananna and dates are a great source, or take a multi vitamin if you don't like either of those. I had legs cramps all my life till I started taking a multi vitamin and eating fruits more. Hope this helps

take care and hugs,
    Jeanna
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

it me....your long lost,spaced out friend!!(thats me,after the last 9 days have been rough with these boys!and they're sickness) Anyway I agree with the post above (I forget who wrote it,sorry)I have read that potassium is good for leg cramps~ So eat lots of nanners or get yourself some potassium supplements!
    BTW...thanks for sharing your experience with the duragesic~(sounds scary!) I can't get any anyhow!! My Dr. thinks its too strong for Fibro pain~(she's a dim witt anyway!)lol
    Have agood night~
    ((Hugs)),
    Tracey
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I wrote you at your home e-mail lastnight. I got a message that it was undeliverable.....and that they'd try again.Is there a problem with your computer?or did you get it?(I wrote about the leg cramps...I looked up some info for you&sent it)Hope you got it~
    Regards,
    Tracey