Does anyone know where I can find a Dr.in Rhode Island?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by csysybil, Aug 2, 2003.

1. csysybil

csysybil New Member

Does anyone know where I can find a Dr. that treats CFIDS patients in Rhode Island? The Dr. that's been treating me for the past 14 years is leaving her practice. The only insurance that I have is medicaide which makes it even more difficult to find someone.
    I can't go out of the state my insurance only pays for me in state.
    Help!!!
  2. lea

lea Member

I believe someone posted looking for an MD in RI or MA and Wendy Clough was listed (Providence).
    good luck
    best,
    lea
  3. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hi there! I would recommend that you contact your local Medicaid office and tell them to give you a list of your options. Also, you can get out your phone book and call around to see who takes medicaid, and if they acepting new patients. Good luck!!

Kathryn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sybil, welcome to the board. Glad you have found us.

We do have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page, hopefully there is a doctor listed that can help you, the are listed by states.

Also you can call the FM Network 1-800-853-2929, they would be another option for you.

Good luck finding a doctor, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

5. csysybil

csysybil New Member

Thank You, to those of you that replied to my message. My Dr.is Wendy Clough but she is leaving her practice. It's very sad the Drs. in this state burnt her out. Her nurse told me the primary cares would send patients to her when they (the primary cares) didn't want to take the time or do the paper work to fight with insurance companies. She said the drs. in this state are going to be overwhelmed when they find out she's leaving. I was one of her first patients and I will be lost without her. She isn't referring us to anyone in state her referrals are out of state. I don't think she has any respect left for the drs. here. So I'm lost. I can't go out of state. I was hoping someone in this state might have a Dr. they are seeing that they like. Anyone seeing a dr. in RI???

[This Message was Edited on 08/03/2003]
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Just went looking for some info for you, and cannot find it at this time.

My rheumatologist is in the Warwick area, on the last appointment, I questioned different approaches to FM. She has referred other FMers to another physician(not Wendy) and said she was watching their progress. Now I cannot find that name but will look again,it was someone whose name did not ring a bell. If you can, bump this post tomorrow night (the next time I Probably will be on) to remind me.

Fondly, June
  7. csysybil

csysybil New Member

June, Thank you I would appreciate any information you could give me.

My best to you and your family,
    Kathy

8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Never did get to the board last night,hope you see this. I did not have any info on this doc except my rheumatologist gave me his name saying she was impressed with some of the things he had done so far with a few of her patients.

Dr. Rafel, do you know anything????
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Never did get to the board last night,hope you see this. I did not have any info on this doc except my rheumatologist gave me his name saying she was impressed with some of the things he had done so far with a few of her patients.

Dr. Rafel, do you know anything????
  10. csysybil

csysybil New Member

Thanks June I haven't heard of him but I'll check him out and let you know.

Kathy
  11. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

If you have trouble finding him, I could call my rheumy's office for you and get the number. Are we allowed to post phone numbers here?? The moderators tell us not to post our email addresses because of the public nature of our board. June
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  12. csysybil

csysybil New Member

i assumed you were on AOl so I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you get it.
  13. csysybil

csysybil New Member

I did a sounds like search at the AMA. the Dr they gave me was Robert Darien Rafal MD. He's a neurologist on Chalkstone Ave. in Providence. It's the only Dr. that came back with the search for Rafel.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  14. csysybil

csysybil New Member

This is the first time I ever used the board so I'm not sure of the rules. Sorry if I broke the rules but it does make sense about not posting our e-mails.
  15. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I believe its more of a suggestion not to post them for our own protection. You could give the doc a call to inquire whether he sees CFS/FMS patients. If he does, it is probably a BINGO. Are you near Providence? June
  16. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Forgot to mention, someone else must be the recipient of your email. :) as my posting name is nothing like my email address. Fondly, June
  17. csysybil

csysybil New Member

I am near Providence.
  18. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Great, IF this is the right doc, it will be handy for you! June
  19. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Have you tried calling? I am getting closer to making a move, my PCP always deferred to my rheumy for fibro stuff, and the rheumy, I believe,is not following all the latest. Last week my PCP told me to LOSE weight and an interesting "converstation" ensued, oh dear. So am interested in your progress. Fondly June
  20. csysybil

csysybil New Member

I haven't tried calling yet. I will let you know when I do. If I hear about anyone else I will let you know that too. The RI Monthly Magazine had featured Top Docs in RI. I have misplaced the magazine and am trying to find it. Brain fog!!! I think it was the April issue though I'm not postive.
    There were doctors in there that were rated top 10 in treating Fibro and CFIDS. When I find it I will let you know their names also.
    You seem to have the same problem as I do with my PCP. I am also looking for another PCP.
    Let's keep in touch..

Kathy