Does anyone know where I can get low or no cost pain meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Dec 8, 2011.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I just got a notice that between hubby and I we make too much money for SS to help me with the cost of my scripts. Every thing I take is generic so for the life of me I don't understand why my insurance raised my soma, Msconitn MISR. to a tier three. this year they are a tier one and I pay $5.00 for each next year they will be a tier three and will cost $44.00 per script. I can't afford to pay that much for them , but can't just stop them either.

Thanks for your help

2. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Sometimes you can call the manufacturer and they will have info. on how to obtain free limited quantities. Just find their website and call their 800 number.

Of course, they probably will have income guidelines and/or require a letter from your doctor.

Best wishes.

3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Thanks for the help TIm. I really do need help with my scripts . I have gone over my budget and it will be Hard to pay for the scripts. I have never been so frusterated about money. To qualiffy for help I can't had any more than $22,065.00 per year, I am $855.00 over that limit. So close but so far. I feel poor just not poor enough to get the help I really need.

If my income status had been under the $855.00 overage, I would be abel to aqualify for some help. But becauses i am over that amount I don't. I was not given any other ways to get the help I need. I just want a way to get the assistance that I need.. I know that there must be away to find out how I can get some help that I really need.

I know that many more poeple need help more than iz, but each year I hear of people not asking for that assistance and it just sitting there watiting to be used. I am one person who really needs that help.
    I am sorryt that I am griping about things I can't change. I jsut wish taht there was a way to get the help I need.
    Thanks for your time;.
  4. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Hi, Rosemarie!

Believe me, I've been in your shoes! When we moved to Alaska there was a gap in our insurance coverage when my husband got a new job. That and finding a doctor who even began to understand my health was a nightmare.

Anyway, the Partnership for Prescription Assistance should be able to help or at least let you know what to do. Their web says they have 475 prescription assistance programs. They also have a toll-free number.

The other one is RxAssist, sponsored by Astra-Zenica. Even if the med isn't made by them, they offer assistance and have a toll-free number.

And lastly, here is a Christmas stocking full of hugs from me! It won't cure anything, but they sure feel good when you could really use one! :-D

5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Thanks for the info, and the hugs both I can use. Today has been one of those days, my muscles ache, bones too, and I find spots on my body where it hurts when I touch it.

I am hoping that when I find a plan for the scripts that my doctor will agree to it. I never know where he is concerned.

Thanks so much.
  6. lea

lea Member