Does anyone know where to get free meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sickandtiredalways34, Sep 8, 2006.

1. I lost my job and my insurance. I got on state medicaid, but they cut me off as soon as I started receiving a little bit of unemployment. I am on several Psych. meds, thyroid replacement, plus a few for my FMS, RLS (spasm medications). I recently found out that I have a herniated disc in my neck and I received one epidural injection for it, but the state kicked me off of my plan before I could get the 2nd injection nor talk with the doctor about this. I do know that after the 1st injection, I felt great (after the initial pain of the shot wore off, about a day). I am now weaning myself off all of my meds because I can't pay for them. I take Cymbalta (WHICH IS BEING TESTED AS A FMS DRUG) for my depression and it's too pricey with insurance, let alone without it( it doesn't help with my pain as suggested in the commercials). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Peace and Painfree to all,

sickandtiredalways34
  2. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

for low cost prescriptions or free prescriptions, you will find what you need. Also, ask your doctor's offices - especially the mental health doctor because they usually have a low cost program through their offices @ $10 per Rx.

Good Luck,

Jane
  3. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Here is the website for PPARX. It's a good place to start.

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

The cool thing about PPARX is that they have this online "wizard" that takes your info and then lets you know which programs you may qualify for...AND... it fills in the basic info on each of the forms for you. All you have to do is print them out and take them to your doctor to sign.

Good luck - I hope you're able to get some financial help with your meds.

4. kjfms

kjfms Member

have the forms you need and also have someone there to help you just explain the situation to your physician or the nurse.

I too haven't any insurance and know how rough it is.

I wish you the best,

Karen :)
  5. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Most drug companies have a patient assistance plan for their most popular medications. You can usually find information on the company website. If you meet their qualifications, you fill out a form, get it signed by your doctor, and send it in.

Hope this helps,
    Kat