Does ANYONE live in Ireland close to Finglas???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, May 24, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

My daughter is getting married May 31 there and she thinks the video person is not going to come threw.

If you know someone who knows someone please let me know. She has so many details to take care before leaving on Sun.

She has to ship her dress, flowers plus pack,etc. so I am trying to help. I can not go so I was hoping for the video. Thank you-Carla
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I've been watching this post hoping that someone would be able to help you! I'm so sorry that you can't go and know how much the video means to you. What a bummer that no one knows anyone.

In another thread you mentioned that they were charging $2000. Whether or not that's unreasonable depends on many things. Are they just taping it or are they editing it, too? Are they recording at more than one venue and for more than a standard work day? How many people are they using to record the day? How many cameras are they using? What kind of cameras are they?

Armed with answers to these questions your daughter may be able to arrange a lower rate by eliminating some things that they think are essential but which she may see as unnecessary.

I hope things works out for you!

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I do not know all the details, my daughter handled it. It should be just one video camera. She did hire a still photographer for $1500, but that includes Cd's for familes and all the photo's. She could not pay $2000 for the video.

There are only 5 people attending the wedding. I just found out the video thing wasn't going to happen. She thought she told me, but she is overwhelmed trying to put all this together. So I was hoping someone knew someone that could help. I am considering buying a new digital camera/recorder and sending it to be set on a tri-pod.

The church secretary has not answered her emails for the last 2 weeks. She is hoping a church memeber may want to help. Thanks for your reply, just keep your fingers crossed for us.Carla
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Well, no one needs $2000 to cover 5 people! It's too much. If someone there shoots it for you on their own camera it will probably be in PAL and we are NTSC so you will need to transfer it.

Your idea to send over a camera and tripod is a good one if it comes to that. There are a lot of good, "inexpensive" cameras about these days. And, you'll have one for other events that might come up... like babies!

I know you'll sort it out. Sorry it's so complicated!

Take care,