does anyone no what i can do for my leg pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poppy34, Feb 25, 2003.

1. poppy34

poppy34 New Member

help!!!!!! im in so much pain nothing works i cant hardly walk please let me no what anyone does for relive . i exercise it makes it worse . let me not thanks
  2. Mom2Two

Mom2Two New Member

Poppy34 - I also have severe leg pain. That is where the majority of my pain has "settled". I wonder if you could tell me what pain meds you are on or have tried. I had great success with vicodin and ok success with darvocet. Both of which I am now allergic to. Waiting for another pain med to be Rx by my rheumatologist.

Cassie
  3. Criket

Criket New Member

Spacee, what do you take for sleep? I'm new here on the board.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have had some serious hip and leg pain. My Rheumy just sent me to get what he called an LESI, which stands for a Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection. This is an edpidural shot in your lower back (like how they get you when you have a baby)that contains steroids and a numbing medicine. This was my first one. Boy, did it help. I was at the point that I could not walk thru the first aisle of a grocery store before I had to rest--the pain was severe in my lower back and right hip and leg. This really worked for me! When I was first diagnosed with FMS, I took Elavil for the leg pain at night. It helped and I took it for years, but got tired of being sleepy for half the next day. I take the muscle relaxer Zanaflex at night now.