does anyone now about gloopy blood?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweet-lavendar, Aug 28, 2002.

1. sweet-lavendar

sweet-lavendar New Member

im new here. Michelle said the search thing was good but i cant find anythink about gloopy blood.
    when the nurse was takin blodd for tests she said it was thick an gloppy does anyone kno about that? i was wandering if it migth be the fibrositis?
  2. sweet-lavendar

im new here. Michelle said the search thing was good but i cant find anythink about gloopy blood.
    when the nurse was takin blodd for tests she said it was thick an gloppy does anyone kno about that? i was wandering if it migth be the fibrositis?
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Researchers are finding certain characteristics in the blood that are common to several syndromes, including FMS. Go to "search the web" and enter either thickened blood or hypercoagulation and you find a plethora of information. CactusLil'
  4. majic

majic New Member

welcome to the board. i love your name. i have lavendar growing right beside my front door. i know if you go to search and type in coagulation something should come up. they was someone here a few months ago talking about this. i think that this was a problem and they were talking about some drug called heprin. so try the word coagulation or heprin in the search engine and see what comes up. hope that this helps. majic
  5. sweet-lavendar

thanks jellybean I'll try that. i was looking at some of you're posts on hypercolaguation (cant spell it lol) but ehir not very easy for me to understand i'll keep trying tho.
  6. sweet-lavendar

i did what you said jellybelly but i hit a prob i dont kno what a microplasm is lol i dont even kno if i spelt it rite! can U help me?
  7. Suze

Suze New Member

My experience didn't involve hypercoagulation. After lunch one day, my blood was drawn for a test in which the blood was supposed to be shaken and then returned into me. The doctor pronounced the blood sample unusable because it was thick with fats--the result of eating turkey salad for lunch!

He found this quite remarkable, but I told him my father had ended up in the hospital several times following episodes of eating meals high in saturated fat, so we probably share the same condition, whatever it is.

Suze

8. Skelly

Skelly New Member

Heard a programme on UK Radio last year about "Hughes Syndrome" or "Sticky blood" - it's proper name is Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Basically I think it's where the blood clots too readily, sometimes associated with Lupus. It can lead to headaches, neurological symptoms, fatigue and pain and circulation problems. It's also associated with recurrent miscarriage. It is easy to treat with anticoagulants.
    I had a simple blood test to rule it out.
    You could try a websearch on Antiphospholipid Syndrome for more info.
    Skelly
  9. granmama

granmama New Member

Sweet-Lavendar,

A few years ago, I had extensive blood tests and the results showed a "high" red cell count, hemoglobin, hematocrit and iron (ferritin) level.
    To make a long story short, I was dx with an iron overload disease which is treated by therapeutic phlebotomies to get rid of the excess iron.

On my very first phlebotomy, my blood was very thick and the process took longer than normal. During the course of 6 months, I had 26 units removed. As my iron level decreased, my blood became thinner.
    Also, my platlets became sticky and caused the platlet count to be elevated.

take care,
    granmama

10. herblady

herblady New Member

to me it sounds like something as simple as dehydration. how much fluid are you drinking a day? cindi
  11. dlizard

dlizard New Member

but... I do understand what you mean. I have from time to time had problems with this along with elevated hemoglobin.. like to 22... where normal is 12 to 14. I've had the phebotomies and all at times then I turn around and get anemic and nearly die ... I amaze all of them that take the time to follow my case! I don't really think there is alot you can do about it... however good wholesome foods mostly organic, ume plums are suppose to be good for this too! I take the plum balls available at any health food store... Goodluck!