Does anyone remember what it felt like

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

to feel normal!?!?!

its hard to explain but the other day i had about 1 hour of feeling so good- i thought to myself "now wait, i am still in pain but this is a good feeling!, is this what it was like!? this feeling didnt last long but i still cant get over it!

I actaully had a moment of WOW this is life! WOW this is
    what i was! WOW...i have to get better!

When the pain came back and the fatigue in full force i went into a two day flare up----i was so depressed.

I guess i am so use to being sick for 10 years that when this wave of goodness went through my body and soul i was
    "Born again".....please let me know if you know what i mean!

jackson
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

This has happened to me twice already and both times it has been followed by week long flares.

I do like the feeling of being free from this although the payback is not worth it.

Jake
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I get this too. I've had this DD for 16 years now and really love the completely healthy moments.

I actually stopped feeling fluish all the time many years ago. Sorry, I can't remember exactly when. But that is when I started having relapses and flares as opposed to being sick all the time.

At the risk of sounding preachy, I have noticed more healthy moments since going on the gluten free / food allergy free diet.

I'm finding that gluten really does a number on me.

That's just me. Everyone is different. And maybe I was do a break after 16 years.

Good luck ... Hugs ... marcia
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Do I remember feeling Normal?

Yes. Till October in Grade 2.

Normal was helping my mommy in the kitchen. Going for long walks with her. Playing with my pets. Bugging my younger brothers. Feeling loved and cared for. Doing well in school.

Normal didn't exist anymore after she passed away. That's when my illness started. I guess I was set up to get something, and that triggered it to get on a roll. I was only starting to get sick before she died.

The only Normal I can get now is in my immagination. That and here, where CFS/FM is the norm. I don't get moments of feeling healthy.
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

or at least really well. Maybe having Polio as a child had something to do with it, but I had my first symptoms that I recall at 5 or 6. Had fainting problems with seizures all through grade school, not epilepsy and no definite reason. Had "growing pains" in my legs for years. I particapated fully in sports in grade school and some high school but I remember feeling achey etc after games etc..

I definitely felt better though than I did when I finally got severe several years ago. I just don't remember ever feeling REALLY great ever.