Does Anyone See a Physical Therapist like Dr. B recommends?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by HppeandMe, Jun 19, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Friends-

I was just wondering if anyone sees a physical therapist like Dr. Burrascano recommends? He recommends exercise as well after the physical therapy.

If so, has it helped at all?

I am thinking of scheduling an appintment with one. I don't know if the insurance will cover it though. Do you think they will??
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I do remember Dr. B saying immediately after exercising, take a shower and immediately go to bed .... !?

I think Dr. B also said anaerobic was better than aerobic as well, something to consider... calisthenics may be best.

My son does try to exercise when he's up to it, hates when I caution him...

all the best,
    Victoria

3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I can't imagine real exercise. I am so tired and weak. I thought that physical therapy might be a good start though even if I can't do it all. I am going to give them Dr. B's protocol for physical therapy and ask if they will follow it before I decide who I will go to.

I guess I will book a late appointment so I can take a hot bath or shower after it and get in bed. I suffer from severe insomnia so I don't no if I will sleep ut maybe it will help.

Thanks!
    Hope
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

There is just no way I could excercise right now! No way, No how, haha!
    Kellyann
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I do use my son's ability to exercise as an indicator of how badly he is herxing - when he is herxing, he is unable to exercise at all, he is in pain, weak, and that is even if he can make himself do it.

But it seems like during the week off after every pulse, he feels up to it somewhat - albeit to varying extents. (lifts weights, tries to bicycle or jog) --

so those who are on a protocol of continual abx may not be able to at all, at least for a while; would make sense at least in view of his experience.

But, of course, this affects everyone differently...

Victoria