Does anyone sleewalk when they are overtired?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kricket, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Kricket

Kricket New Member

For years now whenever I have a hard time sleeping (always) due to stress or lack of sleep or pain I start sleepwalking. Is this common with people with FM and CFS? If so what if anything can anyone suggest I try or ask my Doctors about trying. I am strting to scare myself and walking around half-naked with a house full of people is not something I like woking up to. Please help! Thanks in advance. Kricket

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  2. Kricket

Kricket New Member

For years now whenever I have a hard time sleeping (always) due to stress or lack of sleep or pain I start sleepwalking. Is this common with people with FM and CFS? If so what if anything can anyone suggest I try or ask my Doctors about trying. I am strting to scare myself and walking around half-naked with a house full of people is not something I like woking up to. Please help! Thanks in advance. Kricket

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  3. MissM

MissM New Member

back when I was much younger. I don't know why I stopped, but I've noticed my daughter does when she can't get something off her mind.

Sorry, I can't come up with anything to help you stop it. Just try to get naps or go to bed earlier as often as you can to avoid over-tiring yourself.
  4. tes

tes New Member

When I was younger(12 and up) I used to sleepwalk tons. I also had horrible nightmares. After years of tornment, my mother had a priest come to the house and bless me. It stopped for awhile just to start again. I've been meaning to post about this. Through my personal research with this dd, I read an interesting article(don't remember where) and it stated that a first sign of this illness roots all the way back to childhood and nightmares. It went into detail talking how nightmares as a child is the begining signs of this illness. I couldn't believe it. Wondering if anyone else has heard this. Weird eh! I have always been a sleepwalker and have always had horrible dreams. When I'm in a bad flare it always seems to get worse(like right now).
    Glad you brought up this point.

God Bless

Tes
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I think you summed this up in your first sentence, as I have thought alot about why this happens. I believe sleep deprivation is the key.
    I sleep walk, and one of my children does, as well. I know now that I have a sleep disorder.
    Apnea, teeth grinding, talking in my sleep, restless leg, excessive dreaming, constant awakening, all these are exhibiting that each night I am not going into deep stage 4 sleep.
    I believe that since I am never hitting a deep, refreshing level of sleep, and stay in the lighter ones, that my body, can't quite wake up because of the sleep deprivation--thus the ability to walk, in the lighter stages of sleep. I am so exhausted from my lack of deep sleep, that when I am in these light stages of sleep, a dream, or a thought of using the restroom, allows me to get up, and walk--most people would awaken. But because I am so exhausted, I just hang up in that light stage sleep, and can move around, until something REALLY jars me awake.
    Karen
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

my son 13 did until he was put on amitritline for his migrans do you take any meds to help you sleep they may help stop the sleep walking
  7. phenom

phenom New Member

when i get overtired - do to all the above mentioned reasons - i actually hallucinate. i once nearly called the police because i thought someone was in my house - but it was only an hallucination! scared the crap outta me tho! i do have very bad nightmares and have had as long as i can remember - mostly about childhood trauma. well thats my two cents!

luv phenom