Does anyone struggle with having a fan blowing on them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Beadlady, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

With the heat wave we are having the ceiling fans run constantly along with the AC. That weird whinning noise the fans make are driving me nuts. I turn them off for awhile and husband comes along and turns them back on. I also don't like them blowing on me too much as I feel they really cause my eyes to dry out faster.

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Bead
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I'm finding I don't like the fan blowing direct on me. As to the noise, RUN to the pharmacy and get ear plugs then you'll both be happy
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I do NOT like those ceiling fans for a second. When I visited my friend in the desert she has ceiling fans all over her house and I would turn mine OFF when I went to bed....

They dry the eyes for sure and all in all don't want them blowing on me....If anything, I would run a fan on the floor and circulate the air that way.

We play bridge at a friends small apt and we figured how to get the air circulating, situate the fan on the floor blowing away from us. So far this year, I've not had to get my fan out and if I have to, on the floor it goes.....I understand totally....jam
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Bead and all,

Yep. I agree that I do not like fans or a/c blowing directly on me either. I am so sensitive to cold, even when it is blazing HOT outside. I usually bring a sweater with me, even in the very hot weather if I am going shopping or even other people's homes sometimes.

My husband love fans and yes hey are cheaper than having the a/c on real high but now he has them on most of the time and one is over our bed ( or almost so). My body is so weird anyway. I am way past menopause and still occasionally have hot flashes. So I am under the covers for awhile with the fan and then on top when I get the flashes. I can't win for losing anyway. We have ceiling fans all over the house.

The noise doesn't bother me unless the fan is old and creaking. Yes, ear plugs would work for that one.

Hugz to all,:)
    Granni