Does anyone take Baclofin? Update, didn't work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Sep 26, 2002.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I usually take Soma, but I may have to change to the Baclofin due to changes in my Insurance.
    I was wonderig if it's as effective as the Soma, if not I'll have to pay for the Soma's, as Flexeril didn't work for me in the past.
    I already looked it up at the Rx list site, I just need some advise on if it works or not, ;o)
    Thanks ahead of time,
    Sincerely
    kredca4
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I ended up calling my favorite Nurse who works for my Favorite Dr., and told her about the change in meds that the Rhumologist gave me. It was only because of the Insurance covrage that I was changing to the Baclofen.

Well It was 3 days of HELL!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was just as bad if not worse than the Flexril.
    I had a headache across my eyes, and at the base of my neck, a dull type of pain. I also got very edgy, couldn't rest, it set off the RLS, and I had the "BIG D", still do darn it. I caught myself just staring off into space, for how long I don't know. I just felt Icky all over, and it made me fell like I do when I don't get any sleep for 2 or 3 day's. I couldn't even take a nap, keep bobbing up and down all day Monday, so on Tues. I called the office told the Nurse what was happeing and she got an OK from the Doctor for my Soma's. I had to pay for them, but Believe you me, it's worth it.

I was also in a very Nasty Mood, Hubby Pointed that out to me, said I wasn't being my goofy self. I was snapping at him. I just blamed it on all the Chaos that is happening now, and changing Meds at a Stressful time is never a good idea.

Thank God for my caring Doctors who Believe me and act quickly when I'm in distress.

So if I have been snapping at you all, I appologize, and I Blame the dam Baclofen. ugh! I had Muscle cramps for all 3 days so it didn't work on me physically either.

I'm getting better from my Fall, nothing broken so I skipped going to the Dr. I did mention what happened to the Nurse, and the Doctor said to wait, since I was doing better, and to let my Regular med go to work, if I'm not better by Thurs., I'll go in for X-ray's.
    I'm sure I just messed myself up, got some nasty bruise's but, what's New? lol

Sincerey
    kredca4[This Message was Edited on 10/16/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2002]
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I usually take Soma, but I may have to change to the Baclofin due to changes in my Insurance.
    I was wonderig if it's as effective as the Soma, if not I'll have to pay for the Soma's, as Flexeril didn't work for me in the past.
    I already looked it up at the Rx list site, I just need some advise on if it works or not, ;o)
    Thanks ahead of time,
    Sincerely
    kredca4
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I ended up calling my favorite Nurse who works for my Favorite Dr., and told her about the change in meds that the Rhumologist gave me. It was only because of the Insurance covrage that I was changing to the Baclofen.

Well It was 3 days of HELL!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was just as bad if not worse than the Flexril.
    I had a headache across my eyes, and at the base of my neck, a dull type of pain. I also got very edgy, couldn't rest, it set off the RLS, and I had the "BIG D", still do darn it. I caught myself just staring off into space, for how long I don't know. I just felt Icky all over, and it made me fell like I do when I don't get any sleep for 2 or 3 day's. I couldn't even take a nap, keep bobbing up and down all day Monday, so on Tues. I called the office told the Nurse what was happeing and she got an OK from the Doctor for my Soma's. I had to pay for them, but Believe you me, it's worth it.

I was also in a very Nasty Mood, Hubby Pointed that out to me, said I wasn't being my goofy self. I was snapping at him. I just blamed it on all the Chaos that is happening now, and changing Meds at a Stressful time is never a good idea.

Thank God for my caring Doctors who Believe me and act quickly when I'm in distress.

So if I have been snapping at you all, I appologize, and I Blame the dam Baclofen. ugh! I had Muscle cramps for all 3 days so it didn't work on me physically either.

I'm getting better from my Fall, nothing broken so I skipped going to the Dr. I did mention what happened to the Nurse, and the Doctor said to wait, since I was doing better, and to let my Regular med go to work, if I'm not better by Thurs., I'll go in for X-ray's.
    I'm sure I just messed myself up, got some nasty bruise's but, what's New? lol

Sincerey
    kredca4[This Message was Edited on 10/16/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2002]
  3. majic

majic New Member

i'm on baclofen. it helps me. i don't take it as much as the docs want me to. the doc says 3 times a day. i take it as needed. i do take one every night as it seems to help with restless leg syndrome. flexarill stopped working for me. i have been on baclofen for over a year now. no side effects for me. hopes this can help. majic
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

works well for me as long as I take it with ultram, soma works well for me too. No side effects.

Jaci
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I guess I'll try it, I just hope it works as well as the Soma has. I have had to change Rx. Insurance and they won't pay for the Soma, I have to try the Baclofin first, then if it dosen't work, I can get an ok for the Soma.

Thanks again for your input and I hope you all have a Great Day,
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I don't think it's gonna work as well as the Soma, which means that I will have to Pay for the Soma or fight the State for the Privilage of staying on the Meds that work for me.
    I have Great Doc's. but now I have lousy Insurance, you can tell the people who wrote the "Rules" have never suffered Chronic Pain, hope someday they do, then we'll see who "Turns into an Addict" if you take Meds that help you.

I'll try one more day to be Fair, then I'm calling the Dr.
    I have to see the Orthopedic Doc tomorrow to X-ray my Hip and left knee, since I fell last Thurs. They haven't quit Hurting, but not as bad as it was yesterday, almost went to the hospital it was so bad.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  7. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I even posted my Up-date wrong, oh boyyyyyyyyyyy.
    kredca4
  8. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I'm sorry you've been having so much distress. What is "the Big D"? I'm a new person and still don't know the terms. Soma always used to work for me but I'm without both docs and health insurance right now myself. Consider yourself cared about....BonBons