does anyone take cymbalta and wellbutrin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, May 9, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi all
    Does anyone with FM take Cymbalta and Wellbutrin both?

My gyno is going to consult with my primary doctor to see if I can be prescribed Wellbutrin.
    My gyno is so awesome (i posted about him last week and how good he is)--he actually called me Saturday morning to let me know my blood tests were normal! And, he discussed some options with me about my lack of interest with intimacy.
    Anyway, I'm definitely NOT going to take testosterone! And he said people are prescribed Wellbutrin for that problem. But, he doesn't know if it will interact with the Cymbalta.
    So, I'll see how long it takes my primary doctor to call me after he gets the memo from my gyno..
    But, does anyone take both of those meds?
  2. sickofcfs

sickofcfs New Member

Yes, I took both for a number of years, although not particularly high does of either. None of my docs felt there was any problem with taking them together. I took Cymbalta at night (it helped with sleep and fibro-like pain) and Wellbutrin in the morning. I eventually had to give up the Wellbutrin because I got muscle pain (a known side effect) with it.

sickofcfs
  3. loto

loto Member

A side effect is muscle pain? Hmm, don't need anymore muscle pain than what the FM gives me, but I'm willing to try it if my doctor prescribes it. I do take a high dose of Cymbalta--
    120 mg nightly. (i take mine at nite too cause it makes me sleepy)

Thanks for replying!
  4. loto

loto Member

is it banned?
    And, do you know what ingredient in it and the pregna... is what helps with what we're talking about? I don't know why I have a problem talking about this! LOL
  5. sickofcfs

sickofcfs New Member

Muscle pain is an uncommon side effect. I took it for several years, on and off, before I had the pain. I wouldn't let my unusual experience stop you from trying it. It is a good medication, in general.

Good luck!
  6. kat211

kat211 New Member

It actually sent me into medication induced bi-polar. It was absolutely horrible. I would rather suffer the pain of my fm a thousand times over than ever go back to that.

However, that said, we are all different and there is no pill or herb, otc or prescription, that we all react to the same. Finding one that works for us is like playing russian roulette, there is just no telling what the outcome will be unless we go through it.

I do hope you do not have the same experience that I had.

Good luck.
  7. loto

loto Member

That's some good info you posted!

loto