Does anyone take digestive enzymes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

A friend of mine attended a seminar on digestive enzymes and they highly recommend them for anyone who is trying to lose weight. She had mentioned something about the enzyme "Lipase" and that some people who have a hard time losing weight are deficient in this enzyme and suggested that they take a broad spectrum enzyme?

I have to admit, for as much research I do on supplements, treatments, probiotics and natural stuff, I know nothing about these enzymes. Any comments or suggestions? Hugs, Chelz.
  2. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Thanks Cheltz for yr reply on my other post..
    I discovered digestive enzymes with OX Bile and since then my digestion has improved about 50%
    Prior to them I was unable to tolerate fat but now everthing including fat digestion has improved
  3. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I do take probiotics. I take Culturelle which is 10 billion units a day. A few years back, before I took probiotics, someone at my job had mistaken me for being pregnant. I was horrified to say the least. I was walking into the hospital where I work, and some man had said to me, very politely, "when was my baby due".

I didn't look that pregnant, so I was shocked he even said that. Just terrible and I swear I was so upset, it put me into a flare for 3 days.

Since taking the probiotics, my belly has trimmed down a little. Jaminhealth, Source Naturals is a great company. I am going to my local health food store this Saturday and will check out the Essential Enzymes from Source Naurals. I trust this company because I have heard so many good things about it. I will check out Vitacost as well, they are pretty good too. 48 billion per day seems so high, but if it's working for you, go for it.

I do take CoQ10 150 milligrams a day on the advice of my primary doctor. I really take this supplement not for FM, but because heart problems run in my family. I also take Omega 3's. I hate to have to take another supplement, such as the enzymes, but I will if I have too.

I also take L-carnitine, but only a small dose a day. I'm wondering now between all these supplements, if it's not too much to take. I also take Natural Calm before I go to bed, or else I will not sleep. Geeeeezzzzz, no wonder we are all so educated about supplements. Hugs, Chelz.