Does anyone take Lyrica Only Once a Day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lvjesus, Jan 17, 2014.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

My doctor gave me samples of Lyrica (50 mg to start and 75 mg to move up to) and told me to take once a day. I took the first dose on Tuesday night. The good news is that I felt fantastic the next day (well, except for a bit of a hangover which went away). I was very energetic and had NO pain until around lunch time. The bad news is that when the pain came back, it came back strong all at once. And later in the afternoon I was very tired.

That night I took it earlier than the night before, which worked as far as the hangover the next morning. The pain relief wasn't quite as good. I did have to take a pain pill early on but it took care of all the pain, which it was not doing before. But about 12:30 I crashed hard! Like I thought I was going to pass out. I drank a soda and ate some protein and felt some better.

I had been reading up on it online and, at that time, had seen that it was supposed to be taken twice a day. So I called the doctor's office to ask if I should take it again. Well, what he said to do was to stop for a couple of days. Well today was AWFUL. So much pain and fatigue :(

But I did find some mention online of taking just once a day and I saw that Pfizer has a time release that you only take once. So does anyone take just once a day? Thanks for you help!
  2. tjo

tjo Member

I tried it at two different time periods in my life, but it didn't help me at all. As if I wasn't even taking it, sorry to say.
  3. sceper

sceper Member

I had the same experience. The first 50 mg tab made me feel so good that I thought that I had found a miracle drug. That effect lasted for about 12 hours. The second pill made me tired, and now it seems to have stabilized where the pain is reduced, but I'm tired. The strangest sensation is that I still am aware of the pain and immobility, but I don't seem to mind it as much. It's like that feeling when you injure yourself but don't yet feel it. my fingers hurt, which is what brought me to this site. I guess once you don't fall into a neat category for the doctors you're left to wander on your own and figure it out. Good luck to all. Hope you find the relief you're looking for.