Does anyone take magnesium malate / malic acid?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Jupiter7, May 24, 2008.

1. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

Hi all!

I'm trying to decide if I should buy a plain magnesium supplement or mag w/ malic acid (aka magnesium malate).

Does anyone have advice on this? Is this bad to take with abx? I'm not on any yet, awaiting 1st LLMD appt.

I've been taking cal/mag, and it doesn't seem to help. In fact, I am still searching for any supplement that will give me any kind of improvement. Maybe my doses have been too low. Gonna' try Femmdange's advice and skip the calcium part.

My pain has been increasing recently, and I was hoping the addition of malic acid will help.

The only interaction I've come across is to avoid antacids w/ aluminum.

Thanks!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/24/2008]
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

My doctor knew I was taking magnesium and malic acid when he put me on ABX, so at least one doctor has no problem with it.

I take lots of magnesium.
  3. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

Okay, i'll try it.

I was overlooking MSM because I think it's more for joint pain. Good to know about it's detox properties.

The pain I'm chasing is hard to classify. Deep, dull and stiff. I suppose it's the pain I've seen others mention that runs across the upper back, thru neck, shoulders, clavicle, and upper pec & arm areas. It's not like anything I've experienced in my life, until recently. Not really muscle or joint. Not trigger points.

Usually describe my pain as deep, bone pain. But that doesn't really fit, either.

I think of it as my special, new, Lyme pain. :)

Take care!

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2008]
  4. highcotton

highcotton New Member

I took malic acid (ATP Plus, on this site) for many years. It relieved my aching muscles (i mean flab) and may have helped with energy -- not sure.