does anyone take mobic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Mar 8, 2006.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

hi, i'm new to the board. i have been taking mobic in between my oxycontin for pain. is there anyone that can tell me any experiences they have had with mobic?
    thanks,
    carol
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carol:
    I was on Mobic for one week before I got on Vicodin and it did absolutely nothing for me.
    Just my experience.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

MOBIC

I have been on mobic for over a year. sometimes it seems to help with the stiffness, but mostly it just causes me to swell. I cannot take it everyday.

I alternate it with the painkillers at times. didn't want to get addicted on the pain meds.

paige51
  4. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi, Mobic really made a difference for me w/ my arthritis that I have. I had to stop taking it last year because we decided to try for a baby, and I discontinued many of my meds. But honestly, the longer you take it, the better it works, it has to get in your system for a time to work at maximum level from what I have been told by my dr. Give it some time, and then see what kind of a difference it makes. It really helped me! lol Carla
  5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

during the first year after my diagnosis but did not find it working.
  6. msmac

msmac New Member

during day, and possibly use Zanaflex at night. I have had my best relief during flares with these, and though had to use max daily dosage of the oxycontin, had no problem slowing back down to as needed, or once a day dosage. The skelaxin is less sedating than the zanaflex.
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

works for the arthritis but not anything else, so I take Ultracet, Neurontin, and Cymbalta to help with pain. Can't take much else because of allergies (to opiates) ..

warmly, Jeannette
  8. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

and it made me very sick to my stomach. My mom loves it though. Check out the FDA.gov site on Mobic. This was one of the meds they almost pulled when they pulled Bextra and Vioxx because of increased risk of heart attacks. I tell my mom to becareful with it...
  9. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU GUYS, FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK YOU GAVE ME ABOUT MOBIC. JUST LIKE ALL OTHER MEDICATIONS, THEY WORK DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE, BUT IT'S NICE TO HEAR HOW OTHER PEOPLE DUE ON THE SAME MEDICATIONS.
    TAKE CARE,
    CAROL
  10. ExMechanic

ExMechanic New Member

The first docs I had seen for this gave it to me, and it did nothing, it is an anti infalmitory, and that was not my problem. They thought i had arthiritis, but the docs in minnesota found out otherwise and said it will not help me cause i have fibro, not arthritis.
  11. G.I.Jane

G.I.Jane New Member

Hi :) I started on Mobic 7.5mg/2x a day about a year ago after a muscle injury (I have fms). It made a HUGE difference right away. I stopped taking it for a while when it caused stomach trouble, but I'm back on it now without any problems. I take xanax .25mg a day with it and I think of the two pills as my smackdown team :D Together they really knock things down for me - way less pain.
  12. artseyone

artseyone New Member

I was on Mobic for osteo until my new DR. told me it probably is listed at the top of the 100 most dangerous drugs. So, I immediately stopped it..I now have a script for a gel made up for me at a compound pharmacy ..It works as well as any anti inflammatory drug w/o the side effects.