Does anyone take mobic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Mar 28, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I went to the doctor today b/c of pain from a bad flareup. Does anyone else take this or know anything about it? Mobic this is what he prescribed. Don't know much about it.
  2. sop28

sop28 New Member

I don't take it myself but my mother use to take it. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, in english it is similar to Advil, Aleve, Celebrex and other rx used frequently for arthritis. Didn't work for her but she is to the point of joint replacements from arthritis. Anyway, hope this helps

Tammy
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kriket:
    I tried it a few years back and it did not help. I junked it after a week. Everyone is different. I have heard stories of people who have been helped by it.
    n.f.
  4. babybella

babybella New Member

No, is it supposed to help with chonic fatigue?
  5. Toga

Toga Member

It didn't help the pain at all and it messed up my stomach.

Toga
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I've never taken it, but my oldest daughter was just prescribed it for her arthritis.

It is a NSAID normally given for arthritic problems -- to reduce the inflammation.

NSAID's are famous for stomach upset.

You could probably get the same relief from 600 mg (3 regular 200 mg tablets) of ibuprofen.

Janet
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks to all for your input. I have a gut feeling this is not gonna help much!!!!(mobic)
  8. babybella

babybella New Member

Hey little girl,

Whenever you go in on ANYTHING, you'll get negative results cause that's where you thoughts are going toward.

Love Ya Kriket