Does anyone take pain meds on a regular basis??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Oct 31, 2005.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I know this has been covered many times before. My pain has reached a point where Elavil , neurontin aren't doing it for me. If I try to increase those, I get so fatigued.

I had some Vicodin left from when I had to be hospitalized over a year ago. I took some and it just took the edge off. It was a huge relif.

I haven't found a doctor who will prescribe narcotics as yet.

What do you all take as a pain med? I have read where Norco would be easier on your liver because it contains less Tylenol.

I tried Ultracet, but, it made me so wired, wasn't good.

Thanks for any help here.

Happy Halloween,

Laura
  2. albrn

albrn New Member

Yes, I take pain medication on a regular basis, but I have two bad knees along with neck and back problems, so I take percocet and Ibuprofen. I doubt the doctor will start off with narcotics especially Percocet, but maybe you could try Ultram; it is not a narcotic but it helps a lot of people.

~ Lynn
  3. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I use to take Ultracet which is non-addictive but after 6 years, it just wasn't helping with the pain. When I asked my pain doctor about a med I had read about, Oxycontin, I thought she was going to pitch a fit. She said it was very addictive and there was no way she would ever prescribe it!

Now I go to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center and they will prescribe Oxycontin (which I really didn't even like) or Vicodin, Oxycodone (or Percoset which is the one I take) and others.

These meds help a lot more if you can find a doctor or a FFC near you. The FFCs are well worth the trip and the money.

I want to go back to that pain doctor and tell her I'm not addicted to them and on days when I don't feel as much pain, I don't take them.

Sandy