does anyone take Senakot for constipation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Oct 25, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

I was doing ok with the magnesium until a few weeks ago. My doctor told me to try senokot when needed. Well, I need it daily.

Does anyone else take this? I buy the generic brand.

Thank you.
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

as well as 3 stool softners. I have for years without having to increase the dosage. My Dr said it is safe, and necessary when you take lots of meds like I do, especially narcotics.

Nothing else ever helped for long, and fiber made it much, much worse.
  3. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I recently discovered that DHEA 5 mg helped me with constipation. It is a supplement that can raise estrogen & testosterone levels in the body and it is NOT used for constipation. I just happen to discover the beneficial side effect.

I can't be sure about it's safety so I stick with small doses-5-10mg even though it is recommended in much higher doses (25mg or more). It also boost my energy level. I have only been taking it for 3 weeks so I can't comment on long-term use.

The brand I use is pure encapsulation-not sure it is sold in stores. To high a dose can make one hyper, and it can have different effects according to the status of your body at the time you take it. It was not right for me at various times in my life but now it seems to feel right. My constipation is not due to pain meds. Lack of exercise & IBS are probably the cause. Most fiber supplements do very little for me.
    The senokot is good but accd to my gastro doc it is to harsh on the intestines in the long run as is cascara. Citrucel is okay or maybe super seed by garden of life but I find the dhea works the best.
    ruby
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Works much nicer on your 'tummy' than most others. I know quite a few people who prefer it over anything else....plus its more natural as well...