Does anyone take Tramadol??Found out I have some kind of brain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angiecw71, Nov 17, 2006.

1. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone took tramadol. I have had some bad news these past two weeks. Went to eye doctor and found out I have pseudotumor cerebri. Which is were there is too much fluid built up in the brain.

The eye doc. called my PCP and got me set up to see neurologist the next morning. They had to do a spinal tap to drain the fluid off my brain (yeah weird that they can do it that way. I have been having severe headaches and throwing up and know we know why. It is from the fluid build up in my brain causing pressure.

I have to go for monthly check ups for them to gauge the pressure in my brain if it is too much I will have more spinal taps. They put me on two meds one is for the Pseudotumor cerebri,med is called diamox to help keep the fluid off, and one is for the pain Tramadol. I was wondering if anyone out there take who take tramadol for pain and has anyone ever taken the Diamox.

Thanks so much for the response.

Hugs
    Angie
  2. LaQuiet

LaQuiet New Member

I take tramadol for pain and it helps more than anything I've taken so far... It seems to help with both the body pain and the migraines.. I don't know anything about Diamox though, sorry... I'm sorry you have to go thru those spinal taps Hon... I've had one and they hurt like the dickens...

LaQ
  3. lizable11

lizable11 New Member

I have been taking tramadol for about 2 months now and it really seems to be working for me. It doesn't make me sleepy and takes the edge off the pain. It actually makes me talk more, which is weird. I seem to really relax with it, I guess. Although they say it is not supposed to be addictive, I do get some icky withdrawl symptoms from it. My head swims and I get heat flashes if I happen to stop taking it suddenly. I am taking 3 a day now. I hope everything works out for you.
  4. jole

jole Member

I have been taking Ultram for pain now the last 3 years. I take 2 every 6 hours with Tylenol if the pain is severe, and it takes the edge off nicely.

I have no side effects that I am aware of, and at times it isn't strong enough, but overall it certainly beats any over the counter meds!! Many people only take 1, but my doc said I can take 2 and boost it with a Tylenol if needed. It seems to kick it in gear faster.

Friends - Jole
  5. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Angie,

I have taken Tramadol in the past but it didn't work for me at all. Matter of fact at the time it kicked something off to make me almost ADHD type hyperactive. I know several that get good results from it.Depends on how your system works I guess. Maineweezie
  6. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

has worked better than anything else for me. i take it 3 to 4 times a day depending on pain.
  7. Mesha

Mesha New Member

I have a different opinion.
    I took tramadol 2x and the first time it did nothing for my pain but I did have more energy.
    The second time - I got a really bad headache from it. I get many headaches anyway so, I didn't care for getting another bad 2 day one from something that didn't really help anyway.
  8. squib

squib New Member

Hi I tried tramadol but it made me very sick I have tried most pain relief tabs but so far none work. Now using patches and tylex but still in pain very tired all the time
  9. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

First and foremost I have a major question. Did you start throwing up and have the worst migraines before or after the spinal tap? Please, let me know, I am a nurse and have been in your shoes to boot. I have a major concern and am concerned, even if you have to post seperately to me, please let me know.

I have been taking tramadol for a couple months now. I take 2 tabs, 50mg each, 4 times a day and Lyrica 150mg, 2x's every day (for pain) and Aleve for breakthru pain. I cannot take anything related to codiene and tramadol (ultram) works great for me. No side effects what so ever.

For migraines I take Relpax. I have tried amitryptaline, imitrex, another one i can't think of right now. None of them worked, I ended up everytime getting demerol shots. Relpax is new and wow it works quickly and even when I am into the migraine, doesn't have to be taken right away. Because it never fails I always start getting one when I don't have anything to take for it.

Maybe makes me a little tired, but I think that is mostly because I don't sleep well at night because of myoclonic jerks. (Just started Mirapex for those)

Concerned,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2006]
  10. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I really like my Tramadol.... it works well for me, although it makes me tired.
  11. IowaMorningGlory

12. eccentric-eric

eccentric-eric New Member

I have that but sometimes not sure if it works. Maybe i just don't take it enough. I only take it when i think i'll need it. The DR recommened that i take it every other day.
  13. IowaMorningGlory

You can actually get Tramadol ER (Ultram Extended-Release).

Take care, and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  14. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I wanted to say thank you all so much for responding to my post. I really, really appreciate you all are so helpful. I am so sorry I haven't said thank you before now. I have not had a good day; therefor been laying/sleeping today. So thank you, thank you. I pray that you all have had a blessed day.

Thanks
    Angie

[ advertisement ]