Does anyone take Zoloft for depression?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dainty45, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I have been on Zoloft, and off Zoloft, I am not sure which is better. But, when I am off it, I am much more sensitive, and emotional, I cry at the drop of a hat. Does anyone have experience with this medication? Thank you in advance. I also feel like a zombie, while on the medication, is this common?

Take Care and have a great day!! SB
  2. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

I have been on zoloft and nortriptylne for about 17 years.
    They work very well for me. I have tried going off of them, but then sink again. Dr. Goldstein put me on them and I'm sticking to it! My other doctors say, as long as its helping me, they will perscribe it for me.

I don't feel like a zombie, though. Maybe you need a lower dosage and/or another antidepressant to go along with it (like me).

Talk to your doctor about decreasing the amount of zoloft you take and adding another in conjunction with it.

Blessings,
    Dolphin
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I took Zoloft several years ago and it was very effective. Unfortunately, every few years or so an AD loses its effectiveness for me and my doc switches me to another. It seems like I've taken most of them by now. I wonder if anyone else has had to switch from time to time?

Good luck with that! It's a good one.

kat
  4. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi there;

I have been on Zoloft for over a year now. They had to keep upping my dosage so I am taking 200mg. and it has helped along with Xanax. Years back I was on Prozac- went off(not a good move) and had a melt down- so I will stay on it until I need,too.

Good Luck
    Janet
  5. Roseecoop

Roseecoop New Member

I took it and could not stand the way it made me feel. Also made me lose my libido. Not that I have much of one anyway but what little I did have went away completely. The doctor put my mother on it and she changed so much. She actually became paranoid and would not even leave her house anymore. When taken off of it with a week or so she was back to herself again. I now take Wellbutrin XL ane feel no side effects to it whatsoever.
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

have worked very well for me. I would go back to the doc and try something else .

There are people here who have said that Sam E has helped their depression.
  7. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I am also taking Amitryptline 25mg at night, I have been on that for 15 years, it helps me sleep. So, I think I will try the Zoloft again, maybe a different dosage.

Take Care!! SB
  8. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've been taking it for about 4yrs. It made me really sleepy at first but I got used to it. I only take 25mg but think I'm getting more depressed so I'm going to start on 50mg. The script is for 50 anyway and I've been breaking them. I haven't really noticed any side effects and I won't take prozac or paxil,don't trust it. Heard too many bad things about them.

Good luck,Keke