Does anyone try to follow a 4 day food allergie rotation diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Oct 20, 2002.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

DR. Cheney had me tested for the delayed type food allergies, i was allergice they rate severe intol. mod. and mild, to over l/2 foods, he said mostly due to digestive problems common in cfs, i working with a naturpath some of you know he's a nutritionist in CA over the ph. and e mails he doesn't seem too concerned about the food allergies cause they are caused he says also by digestive problems that we need to concenterated on getting more nutrienets in my sick starved body,

it's all so confusing, and they change over time the allergies do, i was tested a yr. apart and everything changed, cheneys says a lot of false negs and pos. can be on those test also,

ALSO i need help on mustard family day, i try to juice from that family, ie bok choy broccoli collards, t. greens cabbage, turnips are in the family

i've been jucign bok choy with apple, and it doesn't agree with me, the bok choy taste like poo,

any ideas on a juice combination for that day of my rotation

the only other i hve trouble with but not as bad is romaine lettuce wtih bell peppers that isn't too bad, on that day i eat the nite shade family and the lily family ie lettuce etc. lot of things like wheat grass, endive, etc. you can't find here in west. ky. it's not like CA or NY whre you can get most anything

please advise god bless PM in KY
  2. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

DR. Cheney had me tested for the delayed type food allergies, i was allergice they rate severe intol. mod. and mild, to over l/2 foods, he said mostly due to digestive problems common in cfs, i working with a naturpath some of you know he's a nutritionist in CA over the ph. and e mails he doesn't seem too concerned about the food allergies cause they are caused he says also by digestive problems that we need to concenterated on getting more nutrienets in my sick starved body,

it's all so confusing, and they change over time the allergies do, i was tested a yr. apart and everything changed, cheneys says a lot of false negs and pos. can be on those test also,

ALSO i need help on mustard family day, i try to juice from that family, ie bok choy broccoli collards, t. greens cabbage, turnips are in the family

i've been jucign bok choy with apple, and it doesn't agree with me, the bok choy taste like poo,

any ideas on a juice combination for that day of my rotation

the only other i hve trouble with but not as bad is romaine lettuce wtih bell peppers that isn't too bad, on that day i eat the nite shade family and the lily family ie lettuce etc. lot of things like wheat grass, endive, etc. you can't find here in west. ky. it's not like CA or NY whre you can get most anything

please advise god bless PM in KY
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

wouldn't the food allergies cause the digestive/nutrient problems? from what i have researched, if you ingest a food that your body is allergic to, then your intestines become upset and unable to pass the nutrients through to your blood.

the rotation diet would help you identify which foods your body can properly deal with. eating the same thing day after day can causes your body to react differently because it does not have enough time to recover from that particular food.

i hope someone comes along that can better explain this. i am just learning but think diet plays a big role and allergies to certain foods.

i was tested a few years ago, but did not do the rotation diet. i am pursuing this again this year, and seeking out help of a nutrienist since it so overwhelming to figure out what to eat when you are feeling bad. much less get the food and prepare it!!!!

i do know if i don't eat for a few days (because i feel so bad), self-imposed cleansing, i usually feel better. of course, this is NOT a good thing to do.

warm regards, fibolady

4. aliceann

aliceann New Member

Hi Paul,
    I also have a lot of trouble with foods. I tried a rotation diet and didn't have enough foods that agreed with me to follow it. I finally started a food diary on my computer where I listed the time I ate in one column, what I ate in another, and how I felt in a third. This gave me much useful information. I have been doing this for about three years now. It has now metamorphed into a symptom diary. My opinion is, if it is messing with your digestion, you shouldn't be eating it. But that's just my opinion. I don't really know nuthin' about the disease, but I do know a lot about my own body after starting the diary.

Have you tried digestive enzymes? They saved my life!

Good luck! Aliceann
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello Paulmark,
    I have been on a 4 day rotation diet for many years and it has helped me tremendously. My leaky gut improved and my energy level improved with my high protein 4 day rotation diet. The test my homeopathic doctor had done was a blood test sent to Florida for food allergies. Unfortunately I am allergic/sensitive to many items the test told me I was NOT allergic to. It was very difficult in the beginning because I was allergic to 80% of everything I was eating because I was eating just about the same favorite foods every day. Now I'm on a more relaxed 2 day rotation diet. Good luck with your diet. It's really so hard in the beginning but if it helps you like it did me, it's worth all the difficulty in the end.

Love, Jasmine
  6. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Jasmine and fibrolady: I'm not new to the rotation diet, just as i've gotten sicker and so restricted i'm 40 lbs. underwght and like kyou fibro, so sick wtih cfids and boyd pain sykmptoms flu like etc. many days i too fatigue to get up and eat but i do appette is tremendous cause this naturpath nut. in CA i work with on E mail and ph. on gut eoclogy says i'm malnurished probably am, but he Ain't helped me either

little history DR. Cheney had me tested for the delayed type food allergies, (also a lab in FLA jas.) maybe same one you tested thru can you e mail me?? lst test 5/200l 2nd 4/2002 cheney didn't order that one he said i took it as a bible and that they can have many falst + and falste -, so confusing,

so now i'm so hungry and suffering nut. due to many factors, i fight the binging tonite i binged on 2 chocolate malts I crave ice cream and cool whip, and then next couple of days fibolady i'll have to juice , the bining makes all symp. worse but the cravings are so so sever, cheney sees 2 types nicotine and sugar , and explained this coplex cycle based on brain chemistry diet book and that connection involving tytopant and niancin defiencies and lack of b vitamines in cfs to brain

This nat. dr. doesn't seem too keen on rot. diet, says food allergies are due to digestion problmes, cheney said too, i had severe moderate or mild intoleratnce on delayed type test to over 50% of foods, but they incororate the mild ones into 4 day so you don't suffer nturitionally, so confusing, everyone's got diffeent opinoin,

my problme is i'm so sensitive to everyting i can't reall pinpoint thru a dairy or anyting what sets what off,

Cheney says the overactivation of our TH2 sysytems in CFS makes food sensitivties even worse,

so i guess i'm rambling but no magic answers and i don't think the test are accurate all time maybe as a guide though they're good, Eat right for blood type book, he says they are expensive and not accurate and he's a naturpath so who do you beleive,???

Jasmine> will you e mail me i'd like to see if we were tested thru same lab mine cheney uses is in FLA also

and if you tried to avoid even the mild intolerance foods if they rated severe mod. and mild, I talked to the staff nutritionis thru the co. that did the test and she said when very ill and have many food intolerances, they incorporate into the 4 day plan, but I WONDER? EVEN EATING THE SAME FOODS OVER AND OVER ON 4 DAYS MAKES YOU HAVE PROBLEMS FOR EX. ON 1st test i was ok on beets, and corn, so i ate them every 4 days i have to eat same meal twice daily cause of limited foods they test for l53 foods only and i think i devleoped severe for corn and mod on beets a yr. later, so see they do change.

well food for thought, sorry to ramble PM in KY

paulstory@iolky.com
  7. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Jasmine and fibrolady: I'm not new to the rotation diet, just as i've gotten sicker and so restricted i'm 40 lbs. underwght and like kyou fibro, so sick wtih cfids and boyd pain sykmptoms flu like etc. many days i too fatigue to get up and eat but i do appette is tremendous cause this naturpath nut. in CA i work with on E mail and ph. on gut eoclogy says i'm malnurished probably am, but he Ain't helped me either

little history DR. Cheney had me tested for the delayed type food allergies, (also a lab in FLA jas.) maybe same one you tested thru can you e mail me?? lst test 5/200l 2nd 4/2002 cheney didn't order that one he said i took it as a bible and that they can have many falst + and falste -, so confusing,

so now i'm so hungry and suffering nut. due to many factors, i fight the binging tonite i binged on 2 chocolate malts I crave ice cream and cool whip, and then next couple of days fibolady i'll have to juice , the bining makes all symp. worse but the cravings are so so sever, cheney sees 2 types nicotine and sugar , and explained this coplex cycle based on brain chemistry diet book and that connection involving tytopant and niancin defiencies and lack of b vitamines in cfs to brain

This nat. dr. doesn't seem too keen on rot. diet, says food allergies are due to digestion problmes, cheney said too, i had severe moderate or mild intoleratnce on delayed type test to over 50% of foods, but they incororate the mild ones into 4 day so you don't suffer nturitionally, so confusing, everyone's got diffeent opinoin,

my problme is i'm so sensitive to everyting i can't reall pinpoint thru a dairy or anyting what sets what off,

Cheney says the overactivation of our TH2 sysytems in CFS makes food sensitivties even worse,

so i guess i'm rambling but no magic answers and i don't think the test are accurate all time maybe as a guide though they're good, Eat right for blood type book, he says they are expensive and not accurate and he's a naturpath so who do you beleive,???

Jasmine> will you e mail me i'd like to see if we were tested thru same lab mine cheney uses is in FLA also

and if you tried to avoid even the mild intolerance foods if they rated severe mod. and mild, I talked to the staff nutritionis thru the co. that did the test and she said when very ill and have many food intolerances, they incorporate into the 4 day plan, but I WONDER? EVEN EATING THE SAME FOODS OVER AND OVER ON 4 DAYS MAKES YOU HAVE PROBLEMS FOR EX. ON 1st test i was ok on beets, and corn, so i ate them every 4 days i have to eat same meal twice daily cause of limited foods they test for l53 foods only and i think i devleoped severe for corn and mod on beets a yr. later, so see they do change.

well food for thought, sorry to ramble PM in KY

paulstory@iolky.com
  8. fibolady

fibolady New Member

it is interesting reading, mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm. the information on celiac disease is very interesting, left untreated it can lead to malabsoption. i look into most anything, like you just want to get my life back!

also, (i'm no expert) but through research learned NOT to eat the same thing day after day. your body does not recover from the first time. think it was in that report.

i hope you do better in the coming months, have you thought of switching doctors, dare i say, it seems you are not doing well at all.

warm regards, fibolady
  9. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello Paulmark,
    I looked into my medical file and located my food allergy test. It is an IgG Food Sensitivity Assay by Immuno Laboratories in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. It was a blood test and cost about $300. I remember I also got a free book with the test by a famous food allergy doctor. I thought it was helpful, but as I said I am allergic/sensitive to some of the foods they say I am not allergic to. I think because my immune system is overactive that my body reacts to many foods and supplements. I don't think some of these sensitivities will show up on the food allergy test because they are not true allergies. I have gained 40 pounds since I developed CFS/FM even though I am not eating any more food than normal. I feel high protein diet helps me a lot for energy. I eat a lot of nuts and cottage cheese and eggs since I'm a vegetarian. Best of luck with your diet.

Love, Jasmine
  10. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Jas> thanks fo rinfo mine was thru amtl corpo. in fla provide sample 4 day rotation my problem is several, severe cravings binging, 40 lbs. underwght, appetite great but fatigue and sickness so bad can hardly stay up long enough to eat eat 2 meals due tobedridden time,

well anyway, you are right abou the immune overact. cheney says the TH2 system overacivated make them worse,

could we exhcange some recipes PLEASE < IT MIGHT help us both, a macrobiotic nutritiois type some good ones in my computer and thank the lord for my mom who has alady come in and cook i 'm too sick,

will you e mail me some of the recipes you use? I have some good ones, but get so darned tired of same foods over and over,

god bless paulstory@iolky.com thanks