DOES ANYONE TURN INTO A SEASONAL GREASEBALL???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've noticed this thing for years now, a pattern in fall of getting a really oily face and eventually oily scalp too. it's not a year round thing, but you know how w/ FM you feel every little thing and it makes me feel really ick. I'm constantly swabbing my face to keep it to a dull roar.

Does anyone else get this seasonal oilyness?

jeanne
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...but when I was perimenopausal, my face turned into an oil slick!! I felt like I was going through the adolescent/teen years again. Had to be a hormonal thing for me---when I had chemotherapy this spring and summer, it kicked me into instant menopause. Suddenly, my hormones were swinging the other way, and now my face is dry and I'm constantly moisturizing.

Are you in perimenopause perhaps? I read that the oily thing is common then...and it may be worse in summer with humidity, could be that even though hormones are the same in winter, it's enough drier outside, and indoors with drying heat on, that it seems a little better then.

Anyway, just a thought....I'm definitely liking my skin better dry than greasy, though. Now the hot flashes are another matter....

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

It's kind of weird because I do but I also have the opposite problem. I know that doesn't make sense so let me explain!

My face and scalp get pretty oily however my legs and arms dry up like toast or something. And it is rather disturbing because I take pretty great care of my skin!

I wash my face twice a day, wash my hair once a day and lotion up my body twice a day.

In the winter months I still only "wash" my twice a day with actual soap because technically the more you wash the more oil your body will produce so when I get extra oily I take a damp washcloth and wipe down.

One of my favorite things and this is pretty gross so I am warning you is those little oil blotting tissues you can buy in the beauty section of any department store. It totally feeds my OCD thing!

For my scalp in the winter I do wind up washing my hair sometimes twice a day though. You know shower in the morning then bath at night.

If I don't have time for the shower in the morning because of Bean then I put baby powder on my scalp and rub it in really well otherwise I look 30 years older instantly! I go gray! LOL

For my skin I lotion up all day long. It's like my skin can't get enough. I even increase my water too but nothing helps!

Complete mystery!

Okay so I know this was an extra long answer to your post! LOL

I have a lot of pent up posting to do! LOL

kate
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

but it doesn't seem to be all that common a thing though. Or is it more common, and the other greaseballs haven't yet revealed their true greasyness?

Jeanne
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hey Jeanne,
    I have the above year around. My skin is okay. I put hand lotion on my feet and hydrating lotion on my legs. In the summer I don't use much moisturizer, but I'll start in the winter some.

Because of fatigue, I only wash my hair every 4th day. I use powder on the 3rd day. Tomorrow is bath and wash hair day. My hair is fine and thin, though.

I am post menopausal at 56.

Hugs,
    Faye