Does anyone understand Mood Rings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Dec 17, 2007.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

My FIL gave me this old mood ring he found - it is from the 50's. Just for fun, I put it on and it turned brown. Then my dh and kids all tried it, and it turned bright blue for them.

So dh & I went shopping yesterday (in a terrible blizzard, may I add!!) for our children's Christmas gifts. I kept the ring on, and kept glancing at it because it was so gaudy and I could feel it. Anyway, I had such fun shopping for the kids. The ring was ocean blue, then greenish aqua while we were shopping. I just kept throwing more and more toys into the carts we had. The ring stayed that beautiful color the whole time.

UNTIL......the cashier FINALLY finished ringing everything up and told me the TOTAL!! I almost passed out! We get to the car (in the blizzard) and I look at the ring, and it was brownish black!

Anyone know what that means? Do these things really work, and if so did the color go from glorious, beautiful blue because I was having so much icky brown because I was sick over what we spent? Just wondering, cause the thing came with no manual.
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I always thought the color had more to do with temperature than "mood". But I don't really know how they work.

Sounds fun though!

3. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

brown/black unhappy or sick
    purple in love
    blue/green happy
    there is one more for red/pink but I don't remember
    hope this helps,
  4. kjade

kjade New Member

I guess that explains the color changes the other day!!

So far, I have yet to see this thing turn RED or PURPLE.....hmm, I wonder why?

But thanks - now I have a "guide" to go by so I know how this thing really works. Silly really.....
  5. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

It's just temperature. That's all. If you go outside into the blizzard, it's going to turn brown or black.

When you go back inside, it will turn green, then blue, then purpley.

Love and hugs.

6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

are goooovy, man.