does anyone use amitriptylin and klonopin together or

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redtex, Mar 21, 2006.

1. redtex

redtex New Member

by alternating them. i ask this because my doctor will only give me a few klonopin per month. i would use just the amitriptylin but i don't like the side effects. thanks for any experiences or information.
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I use both, but my doctor has admitted that it takes "elephant tranquilizers" to knock me out. Without both of them, I don't sleep.

I've had insomnia since I was a child.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

It says on the leaflet I get from the pharmacy that they can interact with one another.

I only use klonopin. I just started it. It's been a godsend. I'm sleeping so good on it.

Michelle
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

redtex:
    I use both on a regular basis. I get 90 Klonopin (1mg.) per month, along with Elavil (50mg.): 30 per month.
    For me the combination works because it helps me get a better night's sleep and I wake up feeling more refreshed.
    I do not know what I would do without it. I also take Lunesta with it.

N.F.
  5. chris350

chris350 New Member

I take 50mg of Elavil at night and I have for over 18 years due to chronic UTI problems.

I now take 4mg of Klonapin for rsl. Both help me rest easier. Not that I sleep much but without the two I would really be in bad shape. Elavil is suppose to be good for several things. The Vet gave it to my Golden Retriever for storm freight. WE our all on Anti=depressants.

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am interested that the amtryp. works for UTI's How is this? I am trying amtryp on lots of advice from this board, first time tonight, but I also get chronic UTI's.

Curious.

Anne C
  7. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I have IC and was given Elavil. I take 12.5 plus my regular dose of Klonopin. The Urologist thought that was ok. It helps with nerve pain.

P.S. Chris....I love my Golden Retriever. We give her some natural remedies and lots of love. I did give my other Golden a variety of drugs during her last year. My husband could not believe I could keep her schedule/drugs and my schedule/drugs straight. We also overlapped!