Does anyone use an electric blanket?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay31, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Does anyone use an electric blanket? I had one for years and just used it to warm up the bed....then switched to comforters. I'm wondering if it can soothe some of our pain.
  2. LASurfer

LASurfer New Member

Hi Kay31,

Heat of all kind, esp. this time of year, makes me feel better, but personally, I would not use an electric blanket other than to heat up the bed. The idea of lying under a blanket with electric current makes me nervous.
    Comforters are great, so are socks, sweats and a warm, loving dog.

Take care.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I wouldn't use one. Plain ole hot water bottle for me.

LIGHT*********carole
  4. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I have used one for years and couldn't get by without it. I also have a 3" memory foam pad on my bed that I love. I turn my blanket on High about 30 minutes before bed, then I get in on top of the electric blanket, but under the comforter for about 20 mintues until the bottom of my body is sufficiently warm. Then I turn off the blanket and get under the covers. I even have a small electric throw blanket that I take with me when I travel. Even though I live in California where it doesn't get that cold I find that it is very soothing for my pain.

Lynna
  5. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I love my electric mattress cover that heats up my bed. It has dual controls for my DH to have his cool side while I enjoy my warm side.

It is about the same as an electric blanket except you sleep on top of it!! It is cozy. They sell them at Walmart or other dept. stores for around $30 for a queen size. This was a couple of years ago.

The warmth feels so good!! And I live in FL!

6. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I live in Ohio and winter can be so cold!! The heat does make me feel alot better!! I turn it on the highest setting before I get in bed and turn it down half way after I am in..Couldn't move without the extra heat!!
    CindyVR
  7. Lisa184

Lisa184 New Member

I converted from an electric blanket to an electric mattress pad and I just love it. My husband has his own control (usually off) and have mine control cranked up to 10. It's great for pre-warming the bed now that the nights are chilly. I use it almost all year long too. It is also very relaxing and soothing to my aches and pains!
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I recently got a low voltage Chattam and Wells Elec blanket. I did some research and supposedly these low voltage ones are the safest and emmit the least EM field. It has a transformer or something that changes AC current into DC current (like from a battery).

The blanket is very nice, no bulky wires and things like the old fashioned ones. I could only find it on the internet, no stores carried any low voltage blankets.

I used to have an elect mattress pad, but now I have a Cuddle Ewe pad on my bad and they cannot be used together. I loved that mattress pad though, it was like sleeping on top of a heating pad.
  9. joxcermom

joxcermom New Member

I so love the heat-it helps my aches so much.
  10. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

I also bought a low voltage Chattam & Wells warming blanket and use it every night, it really relieves my aches, very soothing. You can order one from www.comforthouse.com if you are interested. Susi-di
  11. Kay31

Kay31 Member

I'm going to treat myself to one....just to warm up the bed. Can't stand this cold weather.

Thanks to all of you who shared. I'm going to check on the Chattam & Wells.

Kay
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

I use one. It really does help with my pain. It helps to soothe that deep down to the bone aching. I love mine.

Kriket