Does anyone use cherry extract for Fibro or arthritis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jan 23, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I have been reading lots on cherry extract for relief of stiffness , pain, sleep problems and was wondering if anyone is taking it and what if any improvements? I have Fibromyalgia, arthritis, myfascial syndrome and have lots of pain and stiffness. Also have read on here about MSM and Grape seed extract , dont know which to try or try them all! Thanks and God Bless
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

A couple of years ago, I read on this message board that cherries can help with FM and arthritis pain. I tried it for myself and actually did find a reduction in pain. The only problem was that I have severe acid reflux and the cherries really did me in.

I can imagine that the extract might be just as beneficial. I may try it myself.

All the best,

3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

& unfortunately didn't see much of a difference.

However, my Mom, who suffers from gout (a very painful type of arthritis) used it for quite a while, successfully. After a while she developed an allergy to it.

Just like with meds, there is an aspect of trial & error with supps. Some things work for one person, not the next. IMO it boils down to our genetic & biochemical individuality.

Best wishes.