Does anyone use Lortab,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Is it the same a Vicodin ?
    Or does it contain Codene?
    thanks
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

It is 10 mg Vicodin which is hydrocodone. It contains acetaminophen but no codene.

I actually take Vicodin ES which has 7.5 mg of hydrocodone and 750 mg of acetominophen.

Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am on Norco10mg and my Sister is on the Lortabs, I wasn't sure if it had asprin or not in it.
    I looked it up on rxlist, but was just wondering if anyone, has good results with this form of Hydrocodone.

Again Thank You,
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

go to something stronger.It did the job.linda
  6. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I have been on Lortab for about 8 months. So far, so good. The only problems I am having is the time between pills. I only take a 7.5 mg every 6 hours. Mine can take anywhere from 30 min to an hour to kick in. They start wearing off after about the 4th hour, then I have to wait until the 6th hour to take another one, then back to waiting until it kicks in. For me thats a lot of doing nothing.
    They work good when they kick in, at least 85% of the time. Its just the in-between time thats so hard.
    If any one out there can find info on how best to take it, I would love to hear about it. I had thought about going back to the 5mg, and taking them every 4 hours. My doctor is really good about letting me decide what I want when it comes to the pain meds. I just wish I could end the in-between pain.
    God bless, Julie
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

She had no problem with the Lortab's, Thankgoodness.
    She, has a higher tolerance to Med.s than I do, so the 7/5 works for her.

Again thank you, for your replys.
    sharonk
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I take the 10/500 mg. and they work for me. For me they do last for 6 hours or so, but I find they have a tendency to keep me up at night if I take them then and I don't want to go to sleep.

That is the only downfall from taking them. I'm very lucky I have a great family doc who realizes what pain can do to a person day in and day out.

No, they don't have codeine in them.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

That is one of the reason's my Sis was asking me about them, because they didn't help with sleep, she said she felt more wide awake.
    I know that when I take my Norco 10mg without a SOma, I feel more energized, and that is usually when I get my housework done.

Gotta be careful, tho, because, even tho I may not feel the Pain, I will later, like Ouchy, Ouchy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my,
    Hug's,
    sharonk