does anyone use maca powder

Discussion in 'Energy' started by sunflowergirl, Jun 25, 2014.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I've been reading up on this root powder from Peru, and the energy people get from using it. Since I now own a Nutribullet, I watched someone on youtube make a drink and added this powder. So I'm off on a quest to learn about it.
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Sun, I've looked at maca but found it "could" elevate blood pressure and I don't need that...since I do take BP meds.......

I've not been in the mood to make the "blender" drinks but will get back some day...no NB here....I use DRibose for an energy lift and add it to my Sobe Drink and Zero Vitamin water (no sugar in these)... and I get a nice lift when I feel the need. Let us know if you take some and if you get a "lift"....jam
  3. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

I tried maca, and it had a terrible effect on my sleep, even just a little in the morning.

The regular maca upset my stomach, so I tried the gelatinized. It was fine for my stomach, but had the same negative effect on my sleep.

However, I have a highly sensitive system and frequently have these negative sleep effects with supplements that most people don't have. For example, any more than 1/64th of a tsp. of ribose powder in the morning gives me insomnia that night.