Does anyone use Microsoft Office Business Outlook"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I have always just used Outlook Express, but now I really do have to use the Small Business edition.

I have knowledge of the set ups and such and it says it checks out find when I run detect and repair. But everytime I try to send/receive I get a message "Operation failed a object can not be found"

I have looked at everything until I am near cross eyed- any suggestions? I have searched the help section and can not find that exact error message. Thanks-Carla
  2. Doober

Doober New Member

a new down load added to your PC? If so, you may need to set up the mail server account in the email account section.

The outlook application may not see the incoming "POP3" server from which it pulls you mail into your in box and the outgoing "POP3" server for which is used to send your email through your internet provider.

Normally it is: incoming.(internet prover added here).com or net

The outgoing is configured separately at

outgoing.(internet prover added here).com or net

Let me know if this works for you.

[This Message was Edited on 12/28/2007]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for the reply, but I ended up having to reinstall it from the CD. Got it all up and running, now the real work, organzing about 100 email address, with address's phone numbers, who, what and where,ect- Thanks again, Carla
  4. Doober

Doober New Member

talk about starting from scratch huh?

To make things easier, if you had a writeable CD drive, You could "Export" this info onto a CD, put the CD into the new PC and then "import" it into the new outlook. At least it would be sort of like what you had before and save those fingers from getting