Does anyone want to swap BIG TOES with me please? PSssst Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jane_Canuck, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

OMG thought my feet were just cramping cause cats and or dogs have been laying on them and I had not moved in bed for a while or something.

But yesterday when i was waking up so I could go for surgery I found my big toes red and sore and if I had a sharp knife I would have ampitated them myself.

I keep wondering about gout but do not know much about it.

Mikie.... I have read about the increased levels of uric acid when gout appears, now is this likely why I should start my guai? I am starting to wonder.

I have finally been positively dx with arthritus in my neck and lower lumbar and fused back areas but stupid me forgot to ask what kinda arthritis. I will have to do that sometime here when I go back to see chiro. duhhhhhhhhhhhh

Had surgery yesterday for lumps under my armpitt on the right side this time. Doc took out almost an ice cream scoop size that was made up of the 2 lumps. I could tell he was not happy. They were not lypomas like the ones on the left side were a few weeks ago. He told my hubby he did not htink they were malignant, but I bet he used think pretty heavy. I know him well enough to know when he was very concerned and he was.

I will know on may 2 if it was something more when the staples and sutures come out.

ANYHOW back to the gout when reading on it it said you can get this in the elbows and knees and all kinds of over lapping places that sounded like fibro points. SO here is a Q? is it possible to be misdiagnosed with FMS and actually have gout instead and that is why all my meds did not work much at all? I have been heavily thinking on this since yesterday.

TYVM all Had to get this off me chest if not off me toes eheheh....

Brenda HAppy Earth Day!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sounds like gout to me. My left big toe hurts somewhat and a little on the right. But not like yours. Havae you had uric acid levels tested? I understand one can have pseudo gout too, where no high levels but you need the same meds.

Ouch for you.

Love Anne C
  3. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

psuedo gout oh man that is wild sounds like some 70s flashback or something!

It gets nutty enough feeling like the hair on my toes are like needles coming out of my skin! All the folicles go bright red. Weird eh?

No not to my knowledge have I had my uric acid levels checked, I am still doctor shopping since it takes over 2 month s to see mine if you can get an appt at all.

Thing I think is funny is it is listed that men are more likely to have this, yet here I am, female and I have it lol. Just like the doc said women never get hernias where you have a hearnia just men. Guess I take the equal rights stuff a little far eheheh wee joke.

Well what ar eyou on for this or do you take anything much. I quit all meds back last oct because I felt nothing really was working. Nothing has worked since bextra. So that sucks. Hope we find something that will.

TTFN Brenda
  4. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I just had an ingrown nail cut and burned at the cuticle and it hurts and burns on top of everything else. Let me know when you want to trade;)
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

sure sounds like gout to me girlie. Add Mikie's name to the title of this thread so you can catch her eye and get her input!

Hugz from soggy Lancaster,
    Tona
  7. skyeone

skyeone New Member

You'd certainly not want mine!!! No I don't have gout, nor do I know much about it. But I do know that I have rheumatiod arthritis in my right foot, especially bad in my big toe, so I'm sure no one would want to trade me my pain for thiers...lol

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain though!

{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}
    (very gentle ones of course)

Skye
  8. patches25

patches25 New Member

I honestly know as many females with gout as males. Actually I think maybe more females. My mother got gout often until she stopped her diuretic and just took her other blood pressure med. Since that time, not one attack of gout. E.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2006]
  9. I sure feel sorry for you, I get pain in my big toes and it is miserable. I don't have gout, don't know what it is. But it sure can make life miserable.
    I hope it goes away and also you get good results from the under arm surgery you had.
  10. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hiya all!

TYVM for all of the responses! They are great. no i do not want to swap toes with the one that was ingrown. OMG that sounds horrific!

I am 1 marker away from eithe r Ruematoid Arth or lupus or both so I don't want to trade toes with you either since it is likely i am going to get that too lol.

Tona tyvm for the tip brain farts are us right now and that was a help I changed it asap. How is your weather? During the day is fantastic but at night the storms sweep in. Our poor beagles. We end up watching telly most of the night trying to calm them down. Lightening and thunder does them in everytime.

Well hopfully the new doc I pick will help ok and that I can get in soonish.

HAGD All Brenda
  11. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Mikie was gone last week seein the grandson but I think she said she'd be back Saturday. So.... keep this bumped to page one and I bet she'll see it first thing tomorrow mornin....

Same weather here, storms at night and I sure fight the headaches with it. Windy today but it sure beats winter! I'll check back manana and see how you're doin.
  12. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

13. tonakay

tonakay New Member

up up and away...
  14. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

tyvm tona just was rudely awoken at 6 am by flashing red lihts outside my bedroom window.

Could not figure out why across the street the neighbours porch was glowing red.

Went out to look when I figured it was obviously something very wrong and the ambulance took my immadiate left eighbour away to the hospital.

Looked like her daughtre wanted to come over and talk but they left with the ambulance too so hope to know more later. What a weird freaking morning/

I blame the weird freaking part started last night at 12:30am when we took garbage around back, we have been having bacd issues with the neighbours with drug rings and such. Not only on our block but immediately behind us too.

Long strange story which involves hubbys daughter in it and just an all around weirdness that I am getting really tired of being in chillicothe for.

Anyhow this was ot for what I wanted lol so scratch this post and go for the big toe one lol!

TYVM Brenda
  15. tonakay

tonakay New Member

16. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

17. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have got awful big bunions and they get ssoooo red and painful but I cant find anything to help.

I thought I had gout in them because 2 of my brothers have it but I got tested and it was negative.I do know that you can get it in in all different parts of the body...even in your ear lobes!!

I also have an ingrown toenail on my big toe that kicks off now and then and makes me want to cut it off!!

My feet are always hot, sore and painful when I wake up in the mornings.And very swollen.I have gone up a shoe size which does not help my bunions though lol.
    My only relief is to be bare foot all the time.

Hope you feet calm down!
    Rena

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been recovering from my trip and then yesterday, I was either sick with the rotovirus going around or it was a Herx from being exposed to something. I was around at least two women with children who were sick with it. This also happens when I'm around anyone with shingles and, of course, just being out in public could expose me to that.

Brenda, I'm so sorry. This needs to be checked out. Be sure to tell your doc about your toes. If, by chance, you do have gout and end up taking gout medication, if you are sal-free, the gout medicine will likely work just like the Guai for you--two birds with one stone. Still, gout is painful and there are side effects from the meds. I hope you do not have it. Good luck.

Love, Mikie