Does anyone with FM get pain in one part of their body?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nadineofoc, Feb 19, 2009.

1. nadineofoc

nadineofoc New Member

I have all the symptoms and been diagnosed with FM> Just curious if you get pain sometimes in just one area like a hand or back? Is this typical? I thought I knew everything about my condition but this is something new and it varies from place to place and can last for days.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

This dd is such fun, isn't it? It likes to keep on surprising us with new and exciting physical sensations and pains and symptoms. I'm kind of being sarcastic, but I am also kind of oddly fascinated and interested by it, too. Like if I didn't have to go through it, it would be almost entertaining. Sometimes I can actually detach myself from it somewhat and just kind of go, "wow, there's another new one....I can't believe that my body can keep finding new ways to surprise me with symptoms...I thought for sure I'd had them all by now." Ok, yes, I know that sounds absolutely nuts, and I am really not trying to trivialize this - I do know how much it sucks, but when I can do that, it helps me to not feel so upset and worried about yet another thing.....of course, that only works when the new symptom isn't too extreme or tough to ignore....but to answer your question, yes I have definitely experienced what you are talking about.
  3. loto

loto Member

I was diagnosed last may, and yes, sometimes i have pain in just my arms and hands. i still have the pain when my trigger points are poked, but the lasting pain sometimes just occurs in one part of my body. It's still a mysterious condition to me, and once every month or so i'll notice a new symptom. Since september i've been dealing with digestive issues, which i am convinced are due to the fibro. There are lots of people just on this message board with FM that have digestive issues also. So, just hang in there, and keep on checking the board and asking questions!!!!!! this board and all the great people here have helped me so much, and i greatly appreciate all the help i get!
  4. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

Hi, I get sharp/shooting pains ALL over my body and I have crazy muscle twitches! Most of the time same set of muscles, do what they do, for as long as they like, then it is gone and another takes it's place. LOL

Take care
    [This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009]