DOES ANYONE WORRY ABOUT BEING TESTED....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Nov 18, 2005.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Has anyone ever been stopped by a police officer for speeding or whatever and worried he might suspect you are on drugs? I carry my prescription receipts from the drugstore to show that I am on certain pain killers just in case. I don't drive much and expecially after taking medication but I worry that someday I might be stopped and questioned. Just wondered if anyone else carries proof with them of their prescriptions.
    Stinker56
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I cant drive anymore but if I were ever stopped and asked I would refer them to my doctor.

I do worry that if the police were ever to search my house they would find that I have stockpiled my meds, not a lot but they might wonder why I had so much.

There isnt a reason for the police to search me but it's the same kind of paranoia that you have. I always get my prescriptions whether I need them or not because I have waited so long to get decent pain meds and I'm afraid that someday they might stop.

I remember going to Turkey a few years ago, when I could still go on holiday, and I had to take copies of my prescriptions with me to prove why I had my meds.

We are given strong meds that are illegal on the streets and I suppose thats why we get paranoid about them.

love
    Rosie
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

if you have an accident while taking
    meds, and you are supposed to tell it when taking the test for a license. They are SUPPOSED to refuse you a license. I don't think I'd drive period as most have a fairly long life in the system and I wouldn't tell anything online I didn't want to
    be known in general. Just a thought and meant only to constructive.
  4. tejanya

tejanya New Member

around certain people i have to hide my meds. people with problems would cover for each other and get the meds where i had them. then they would share with each other. some of our meds are street worthy. i believe if we hurt bad enough for those meds, then others should not take what we do not easily come by.
  5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I don't drive at all when I take any medications because I don't trust myself but the thought occurred to me since there have been so many drug busts on the news lately. My brother takes a controled substance. He is diabetic, has had strokes and heart attacks and lost both legs due to diabetes. The pharmacist told my sister in law when she got the prescription filled not to stop anywhere with the meds in her vehicle and to keep a receipt or copy of the physician's order with her in case of an accident when they traveled so she could prove he had the drug legally. They also told her that if the wrong people knew that he was disabled and found out that he was on these drugs that their lives would be in danger. They live in a large city whereas I don't but the thought still occurred to me to ask the question. Thanks for the thoughts & stay safe.
    Stinker56
  6. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

My husband died of Lung Cancer three years ago, and prior to his death he was on some controlled substances, which were very necessary.

His Onocologist told us to never tell anyone what he was on, and to not stop anywhere on the way home from the pharmacy. Not because of being questioned by the police.

Because drug addicts have been known to scope out pharmacy's and robe people of their meds.

If you have your receipt you have proof of what the med was and you would need this to report to the police and also get replacements.

Also after he died I had to return all meds to the Hospice and they disposed of them in the tolliet right in front of me at my home and even washed the bottles and removed the lables and distroyed the lables and flushed them.

The things we never think of ... especially in this type of situation are mind blowing.

rrsbaby
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

To the front and back I paste those labels the come with the prescriptions.It contains all the info they would need to know.
  8. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

includes BOTH drugs and alcohol. It does not matter whether the medication is prescription or not. If it impairs your ability to drive safely, you can and will be cited, if stopped.

For your own safety, and that of others, if you feel that you are impaired, please find a driver or take alternate means of transportation.

Kate
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

No, because I don't drive when I take a narcotic pain med, or if I am taking anything which causes drowsiness.

I think you need to be just as responsible with meds as you do with alcohol.