Does anyone worry about everything!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Feb 28, 2010.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I worry every day all day about everything! i am so tired of it and would like to stop but dont seem to be able to. I have tried many antidepressents over the years but unable to tolerate any of them. Its exhausting to worry able everything and really interferes with life. I worry alot about my own heatlh, the side effects of medicines or starting a new med really causes extreme anxiety,my familys safety, the world s condition and the list goes on and on.. I take xanax and have for years and does help with the anxiety/panic but doesnt stop the worry. I believe in Gods word and He does tell us to give our concerns to Him mand He even tells us not to worry about anything and I have tried but I just cant seem to get relief. Any Ideas ?? Love and Gods Blessings to all!
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I used to be a chonic worrierr but turning my worries over to God, with daily prayer,knowing that I'm not the one in control has helped to mitigate my worrying. Also, Dennis Prager,a talk show host,who I happen to respect said of worring"Most of the time the things we spend our time worrying about never come to be. Even if they do,what's the point of worrying?,It's out of our control and a lot of time wasted. I feel your pain,it can be exhausting~~~Blessings to you!~~~Jeanne
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I used to worry a lot more.....still do on occasion, but usually not much anymore

a few things that help(ed) me were(are);

focusing on my breathing....when you worry you tend to breathe very shallowly which actually exacerbates the anxiety, but taking slow deep breaths not only helps stop the shallow breathing, it also takes the focus away from what is bothering you (no, it doesn't help completely, but it does make a difference)

listening to relaxation tapes

Kava kava once in awhile when really wound up and anxious (not something you should take on a really regular basis, though)

reading comic books or jokes, or watching something funny

and last, but certainly not least is praying.....when I am anxious I often pray for help with: being anxious for nothing, praying always, and being thankful in all situations (it is my paraphrase of a Bible verse - I am not good at remembering the verses word for word, but this covers the gist of it).....the thankful part has been esp helpful for me - I know it sounds a bit trite, but it is true that when we focus on what is good in our lives it is hard to also be worrying (& for me this esp helps when I think of prayers God has answered, and the fact that He has brought me this far - He's not going to leave me hanging now).....I have even gone as far as to keep a journal of things I am thankful for, moments of joy, and prayers God has answered - if I am really struggling, looking back over it helps

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just saw a quote that made me think of this thread.....

"Some of your hurts you have cured
    And the sharpest you've even survived,
    But what torments of grief you've endured
    From evils which never arrived."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Yeah, I have spent many nights up all night freaking out about everything in the world. In fact, if I were rich and owned a tropical island, I would still find something to freak out over.

Even before I got sick, I always had a very hard time relaxing. I had a really big bathroom with a separate tub when I was younger. I used to light candles and put on a tape of a thunderstorm and try really hard to relax, and you know what, I was still freaking out.

This is the advice that I was given many times:
    The birds and flowers are not greater than you, and they are cared for. Just know you will have what is right for you.

It's hard, but you need to just step back and look at it this way, we all live in an illusion of safety. But the truth is, we are only made of flesh and blood. You can die any second of any day. Really, you can have a freak accident, you can get an aneurysm, you can get a heart attack and die on the spot. You can just simply die and they will list the cause as either "natural causes" or "unknown". You can't spend every second freaking out because you really do not know your own expiration date. All you can do is try to take things one day at a time or one hour at a time.
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Are you sure you wrote this? It sounds just like me!! Everyword you said is me I too take xanax and have tried ADs but can't tolerate them. I have read the replies and tried most of the suggestions but still have the worry / anxious feeling . I can't help but believe its chemical, something not right in out bodies well we know that but to find an answer.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions but I SO can relate..

God Bless,
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

An earlier article by ProHealth, found that brain levels of CFS sufferers have low GABA. The best natural source of GABA is fish. It really is brain food. Omega-3 in fish also help with many forms of depression. Dr. Daniel Amen (psychiatrist) uses fish oils as his first line of defense in depression cases.

Synthetic GABA doesn't cross the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB), but natural GABA or pharmacetical grade does. Also, theanine and taurine help make GABA in the brain. You can get naturally fermented GABA in bulk from .

Xanax and Gabapentin (neurotin) make the brain GABA receptors more sensitive.

The naturally fermented GABA uses a probiotic. This same probiotic is found in a Korean sauce called Kim-Chee. Cabbage and fish sauce are put in the ground to spoil, ferment. It might be that in our sterile, antibiotic society that we have killed off this healthy bacteria (probiotic) and our colons have stopped making GABA. The permanent fix could be as simple as your colon! :))

Kefir has 10 probiotics...but not the Kim Chee probiotic :-(
  8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

ok, I say this rather tongue in cheek, bc as I have already said before I hate comparisons - don't feel they do any good - and what I am about to write is not really exactly true, but Tea's post (& the fact that anything can and does happen) made me think this and it made me smile so I thought I'd share.....

The worst has already happened - you have CFS/FM and you are surviving it - anything else should be easy! ; )

Like I said, not exactly accurate, but it IS true that what we are dealing with is among the hardest illnesses to have and we ARE surviving, so many of the things we worry about should be nothing compared to this.....we are tough if we can handle this!
  9. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Campbeck97, you must have gone right into my brain because I could have literally wrote your post. I have been on a few antidepressants as well, and can not tolerate them either, the side effects had me worried and anxious all the time. I also worry about starting a new med too, that is why I don't go to the doctor, they will just put you on another med, that has been my experience anyway. I worry about my family as well. Actually, I have not heard from my sister and brother-in-law all weekend, and I kept on phoning them all day today, I finally heard from them and now I'm better.................for the moment.

First of all, I really do have to say that worrying is common in people who have chronic health conditions, it sometimes can go hand in hand with FM and CFS. This makes perfect sense, we can't escape our pain, fatigue, depression, and I do feel that ultimately, anxiety and excessive worry can be the results of this.

I just had a massage the other day, and my massage therapist has told me that most of her FM patients have problmes with excessive worry and anxiety, so please do not think you are alone with this one.

Also, nowadays, we have so much information, which can be a blessing (this board), but it can also be a curse. We know about every little bad thing that goes on because of extended cable channels on TV, the internet, we even know about the President's business where as years ago, this information was not readily available, of course this is just my opinion, but if you really think about it, we are bombarded with negative and scary news all the time, this also adds worry and anxiety, not just to us with chronic health conditions, but to the general public as well.

My advice for you, first of all, do not beat yourself up about it, it is so much more common than you think. Try to surround yourself with upbeat images, upbeat stories, watch a really funny comedian or movie. I know this sounds like some kind of advice out of a woman's magazine, but it does help, even for a little while. I have even thought of getting some counseling, but have always felt funny about it because if the therapist were to ask me why I was there, I would simply have to say, "I worry about EVERYTHING", and I just don't know if I would be able to explain to them why, other than the obvious things I had mentioned in this post.

I also have a friend who puts all her worries in God's hands, like you mentioned. I will phone her occasionally and she can always calm my fears, which she says is through God. Wish I had more advice for you, I just have a little insight to offer to you. Hugs and Blessings to you as well, Chelz.