Does anyone worry all the time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jul 23, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I worry all the time.I worry my 26 yr old son is having boss problems and his ex works with him . I have taken this so hard.I don't know why I can't handle life. I always was like this but gosh, Its worse than ever.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm a huge worrier. Or I used to be I should say. I've had to really work on it and make a conscious effort to get it under control. I've made a lot of progress (sometimes I still worry) My biggest problem really is that I will get something on my mind, then don't let go of it until I take care of it.

You have to try to change your thoughts. Just telling yourself not to worry, doesn't work. You can't change feelings because feelings come from thoughts. SO if you change your thoughts, your feelings will automatically change. Make sense? It works. It really does!
  3. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

I am a Murphy's Law abiding person. Live by the line that if something can go wrong it will go wrong and at the most inopportune moment. I can sum it up in one sentence.
    When I have nothing to worry about I worry about that.
  4. poets

poets Member

My whole family are worriers. My precious father, Lord rest him, was continually worrying about something. His mother was the same way. My children worry. And heaven forbid, my grandchildren will probably be worriers as soon as they're old enough to worry.

My mother always told me to stop worrying, "Because things you worry about never happen!" WRONG! Not always, but enough times for me!

I try to pray about my problems and I know God is able, but I honestly believe that in some of us, worry is born in us.

Whosaid has it right on the mark. I loved that description!

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Oh whosaid, you crack me up! What you said is so funny.

I've never worried so much in my life as I have these last few years since i've gotten much worse. These dds play with your head and it's hard to overcome.

Byron Katie is a woman who came to some realizations and found peace of mind and she shares her ideas with others now. Her DVDs help me conquer worrying. She helps people accept reality and stop worrying and just enjoy the good stuff. I found out about her from Jewels here at Prohealth. :) She's on YouTube but I don't know if she gets into dealing with worrying there.

She says to give God's stuff back to God and not take it on by worrying about it yourself. This is a lot like, Let Go and Let God, which also helps me.

[This Message was Edited on 07/24/2008]
  6. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Me too. I have less distractions and therefore everything seems to be a big deal like the dirt on the carpet, the dishes not being washed.
  7. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Yes, I am very much a worrier!!!! I just can't seem to relax. However, I can say that the klonopin and the tylenol with codeine helps.