Does Anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, Jan 23, 2006.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

Have Suggestions On What We with This Dam disease Can Do To Keep Our Minds From Going. And Please Dont Say House Work, Cleaning of Any Sort. I am Not Empolyed. And I Am Feeling Closed In.
  2. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I don't have the exact same situation you do, because I am still employed, but I think I understand a little of what you're going through. Sometimes I overdo it during the week so bad that I have to literally be still all weekend to make up for it. I can't imagine how that would feel if I had to do that all the time. My heart aches for you.

Lately I've become quite addicted to Sudoku puzzles ... they are number puzzles and come in 'easy' all they way up to 'difficult'. They're a fun way to pass the time, and I like to think it keeps my mind sharp! I'm also a big fan of word puzzles like word searches.

3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am an avid reader and I am always in at least one or two books at a time. This really helps me because it distracts me from my world and puts me into someone elses.

I watch a lot of tv and I of course am on the computer all the time.

Yahoo has a lot of free games you can play without time limits so I go there a lot. I love Bingo! lol

That is about all I got right now. Sorry!

Hope this helps!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

kate
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Maybe a new hobby would help! I love photography, sewing, and reading. I just recently took up weaving rugs navajo style, which is very interesting and fun to me. At least it gives me something to think about other than pain. Maybe you could volunteer somewhere, helping others sometimes will do wonders as far as the depression goes.

I pray you are feeling better!
    Kellyann
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2006]
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

as far as I'm concerned I will do anything to get out of it! lol

I like to crochet, quilt and read in my "extra" time. Nothing too physical but enough to keep me stimulated!

Have a great week
    Kelly
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Not sure if you are able to do some work from home or looking for a hobby. People will pay others to organise their photographs for them. They bring them to your home and you put them in file boxes under categories.

Could you join a book club? The small weaving looms available for kids are really nice and light to hold and you can make bookmarks. This sounds hard but isn't. stained glass making can be good. Volunteer, if you like to chat, as a listening ear for shut ins (blind leading the blind as they say) Do an answering service for any local business, sometimes people will pay you to have this run from your own number so they don't have to take cell phone messages-a friend of mine does one for about five local contractor businesses and she likes the human contact.
    Knitting, crochet, scrapbooking,sewing,lace making, tatting, paper cutting(this is really cool!) origami, writing reviews, beading if you are able to move your hands for these.

Hope this helps. It can get boring.
    Anne