Does anyone...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hidn, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hi,
    I have a question about pain in different areas of the body. It started in my ribs and was so bad I was admitted to the hospital. It lasts for 6 weeks or so, then the area it was in is painful to touch. This excruciating pain comes back more and more often, sometimes in my back over my kidny, sometimes in my hips, it is so bad I cant walk or talk! Does anyone else have this? I have been diagnosed with FMS and Arthritis along with an unknown autoimmnune thingy. But this pain is devastating to me.
    Thank all you so much for being here,
    Denise
  2. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hi,
    I have a question about pain in different areas of the body. It started in my ribs and was so bad I was admitted to the hospital. It lasts for 6 weeks or so, then the area it was in is painful to touch. This excruciating pain comes back more and more often, sometimes in my back over my kidny, sometimes in my hips, it is so bad I cant walk or talk! Does anyone else have this? I have been diagnosed with FMS and Arthritis along with an unknown autoimmnune thingy. But this pain is devastating to me.
    Thank all you so much for being here,
    Denise
  3. diggity

diggity New Member

Before I got the diagnosis for FMS I was having pain in my right side just above my kidney that was taking me to the floor. I was in so much pain that I was screaming. My husband took me to the emergency room because we had no clue what was going on. They thought it was kidney stones so I had to go through a whole battery of tests for that. They found nothing. Then they decided that it must be a pulled muscle, so I was treated for that. In time the worst of the pain went away, sometimes it still hurts pretty bad, but nothing like it did for about 3 weeks at the beginning. We still haven't figured out what caused it, and the excruciating pain hasn't reappeared so it has for the most part been dismissed as one of those unsolved mysteries. I believe that it is related to the FMS diagnosis, although I can't prove it, but I was already having the symptoms at the time, even though I didn't know what to call it. The only different thing that happened just before it all appeared was that my husband and I extended our nightly walk an extra mile. We had been walking for a long time and always the same distance. We felt we were ready to go a little further so we added the mile. We got almost back to our starting point and I started to feel the pain, it got progressively worse, to the point that I made it back only with my husbands help. I've been afraid since that time to go for our walks again. I never want to feel pain like that again. I hope yours is a temporary thing and that you are feeling better soon. :eek:)
  4. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Thank you for telling me about your experience, This is something I dont ever wantt to feel again, but it seems to be happening more and more :( This fibro thing really BITES doent it?
    I am sorry you cant go on your walks any more, but I really do understand!
    Take care, and thank you
    Denise
  5. shannon

shannon Guest

Hello there,
    That is one of my worst symptoms. I always have some kind of pain in my ribs. My right side just kills me and sometimes I swear I have a kidney infection but nope all is good. My left side hurts as well but nothing like the right. I also have tons of little lumps in my ribs espically on my right side and only a few on my left. Now when you touch some of those lumps I want to slap whoever is near me because that really hurts...do you have the lumps ?
  6. alomasp

alomasp New Member

shannon,you expressed my thoughts exactly,it's a reflex to hit at whatever made you hurt. must be a common symptom of fibro, i have the same pain, not wishing anyone pain, but glad to know i am not alone,my back hurts alot!also
    Alomasp
  7. epicurean

epicurean New Member

but for the last two weeks it has been unbearable!!!I have tried heat,hot showers,med. rubs,vicoprofen,muscle relaxents and antiinflamatory,none of them does very much.We going on vacation next week, any ideas on how to cope?!!!!!
    Thank-you
  8. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Epicurean,
    I wish I did! I am taking pain meds, and they dont get rid of most of it!Heating pads, got showers, and a lot of crying , but that wont help your vacation!
    I hope you have a good time, maybe just being on vacation will help? I wish that for you :)
    Denise
  9. Hidn

Hidn New Member

10. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Shannon,
    I have the lumps too! I hate to say this but I am so glad I am not alone!!! I want to the my ribs amputated (I am thinking Titanium?) But this pain comes elsewhere too and I am not sure the kidney or hips can be treated the same way :(
    I try to explain to the doc how bad it is, but they get their "doc" look and I think I am being a baby, or I am imagining this. Then reality sinks in and I want to scream, I hurt!
    Thank you for writing me :)
    Denise
  11. epicurean

epicurean New Member

thank-you!!!!Who knows maybe getting away from it all will make me feel better.
  12. shannon

shannon Guest

Hi again, My friend started taking Malic acid with magnesium and she to had the very bad rib pain and now she has none. She said that she feels like she is 22 again and she has only been taking it for a week. So I of course ran out this morning after my chriopractor appt. and bought some. I hope it works for me as well. I also bought something called Cyst ease from Kroeger Herb and that is supposed to get rid of fatty tumurs as well as cyst's. I hope this is of some help
  13. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Shannon,
    I will try some of one of them *at a time) if it works Yippie!!!
    Thank you
    Denise
  14. sheiba

sheiba New Member

i definately have that problem!!! it's awful! i've been dealing with it this week. i'd had it go away several years ago after i first started getting it ('97), but then it only came w/my period. now i get it whenever and it's just started getting bad again in the past 4-5 months. it's excrutiating to say the least. nothing...absolutely nothing gets rid of it - even hard narcotic pain killers.
  15. clueless

clueless New Member

I am sitting here tonite with pain in my ribs (left side) it is not to the extent that yours is but I keep thinking if I can stretch high enough it should help but of course it does`nt react that way. I had a cat scan last year that showed nothing. At times it is alright, then it hits me again.I don`t believe I have the nodules there but have down the backs of my legs.I wish sometime I could give this pain to my unbelieving doctor. I`ll bet he would become a believer in a hurry!!!
  16. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Clueless and Shieba and to you all who answered me. It is soo great to know someone else is oput there with this pain! (I dont wish it onto anybody) But for many years my doctors have just said , hmmmmm, and treated me as tho I am NUTS!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you! I guess I am the gutless wonder lol I hate beong the only one, you give me strenght :)
    Denise