Does anyonr know someone that trades and sells their medication?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolfenn43, Jun 11, 2006.

1. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

I know someone sells and trade her madicationthat for $. She has no clue how serios this is. Except she thinks she needs the $. She is disabiled and really does need her medication. But not as much as she gets, She alos gets 24 hr care if she wants.

Im jist woundering if Im the only person that knows someone that does this or is willing to write about it. She almost had a close call. Her DR. for the firts time in yr.s wanted a pill count some how she forgoet her meds and that was it.

Dolfennn

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It's very dangerous for her (illegal) and for whomever buys the pills.

I had a doctor once that would subtly "recycle" unused meds to her patients who had no insurance but the doc know more about meds and what goes with what than most people do. Still, it's a risky business.

Marta
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Here in the small town that I live in in TN there are a lot of people that do that. I don't know most of them personally, but I know it is a very common thing here. It's really sad. If they actually needed the medication, then they should be taking it themselves. That was actually one of the agreements that was written in the pain contract that I voluntarily signed for my doctor. I will use only won pharmacy for my prescriptions, I will voluntarily subject to random drug screens it they feel it is appropriate, I will not sell my medication to other, I will not purchase and "borrow" medications from other. I can understand the need for these documents and I had no qualms about signing it. I really didn't have to, it just allows them to give me the necessary quantities of medications that I need, and protects them if they are audited or inspected. I actually have gotten much better treatment since then, but that was also the same time that I stated seeing the NP who has fm, mps and lupus, so I'm not sure if it was actually the contract that helped or just switching to her. It is sad that people can find a way to abuse so many things and especially this one. This is one of the very things that makes it so hard for those of us with chronic and continuous pain to get the treatment that we need. We lose out because of other peoples behavior.
  4. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

Shes very good. She obviously is complaining thath her pain is not as bad as she says. But she has surgeries that can prove her illness.

Im just not comfortable with this at all

dolfenn
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

and you could be sentenced to prison time for this. Trading, sharing, selling or manufacturing prescription or illegal drugs is a felony in the State of Texas. People who do this are usually not in pain and sell the drugs to people who are to make lots of money off of them. They Dr. shop to get the meds for their made up illness and then turn around and sell the drugs to the public. The Judges here look at these people worse than the drug addicts, because they are selling to kids, old people, or people who are not able to make their own decisions.

TxSongBird
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

No, I don't, however, I was talking to the pharmacist one day about the expense of meds. He said you wouldn't believe the people that come in here on a regular basis that purchase the meds and the cash money that they pull out of their wallets; like 800.00 in 100.00 bills. If I'm not mistaken, he said that he couldn't say anything due to privacy.

You all are so right; it's so unfair for those in need of the meds.

BlueSky555
  7. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

It just ticks me off that people who fake illness to get Dr.'s to give them pain med's only for them to go out and sell to the public. It is so sad that people who really need the medications, who have illnesses that are real can't get the med's they need due to stuff like this.

TxSongBird
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

why people not in pain want to take pain medication. It certainly doesn't make you feel good, does it?
  9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Isn't it amazing that right across the border, in Mexico, you can buy almost any medication you want without a prescription?

Kholmes
  10. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

here in the United States. Criminals know how to make a buck with either buying the med's in Mexico and then coming back into the USA to sell them to people who are willing to pay a huge price for them and set themselves up for a criminal charge. I personally won't buy anything in Mexico because I am not sure it is truly the legitimate medication.

TxSongBird
  11. meowee

meowee New Member

I seriously wish I knew someone I could give some too. I have thrown so many full bottles of meds away that I cannot take. I just have a bottle of 120 Lyica, took one pill, had a bad reaction, so now I have to throw it away. The pharmacy won't take it back.

I wish, at times, I could send or give it a friend in need.

I have spent a small fortune of drugs that I can't take or did not work.
  12. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I know it seems wasteful to throw them out, but please don't share, or give your unused med's to anyone as this could get you in to deep trouble. Next time ask the Dr. for samples of a new medicine and then if you tolerate them, fill the prescription. My Dr. will either give me a very small perscription of a new drug or samples to see if I can tolerate the meds.

TxSongBird
  13. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I can't say that I know of anyone that does this, or maybe I am just to gullible I have been known for that (lol). I caulk them up to blonde moments, good thing I am a blonde.
    I know when my Dad was dieing from prostrate cancer, he was under my care. He lived with me in South Texas for his last months. He had many types of strong pain meds. the hospice nurse came the day before he died and refilled all his meds. When I called her to tell her that my Dad had passed on, she came right over and asked for all his pain meds. She flushed them down the toilet. I thought to myself what a waste.
    Michelle
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I agree; I wouldn't risk buying any medications in Mexico, either.
    Kholmes
  15. Bambi

Bambi New Member

their pain medication. They were in DIRE straights financially and had to choose between paying the rent and food or the meds. She NEEDED the meds without question. But even so I told her if she ever told me that again I would be forced to turn her in.

It definitely IS people like that, no matter the reasons, who keep so many unable to get the pain treatment they desperately need AND they are the ones who make the headlines that convince the general public that ALL
    people on pain meds are just getting them to get "high". If you take them for pain Mable you don't get high, but if you don't have pain yes, you do get high. That's why addicts take them.

NOONE should EVER sell, share or trade medications. I would not feel one bit sorry about turning in someone who did it, because I know without my pain medication I might as well be dead. I have NO respect for anyone that takes that risk with MY
    ability to get the treatment I need or others need.
  16. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I know many people who buy completely safe drugs in Mexico just as in Canada. They get a prescription from a doctor there and can bring three months supply through customs. I also know elderly people who are definitely in pain but must sell half their drugs in order to have any at all. The real problem is that we do not have a National Health System because the drug companies, hospitals and doctors' organization plus the insurance companies are bribing Congress and the President legally through campaign contributions. In all countries of Europe the governments run the system and it is much better. I know this from personal experience. Also I have bought drugs legally over the internet from Canada at much cheaper prices and the same quality.
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

with the drug companies! Which is why we are stuck with the high costs of medication! I can see why sr. citizens might be faced with a crisis, altho I don't condone selling one's RX.

For instance, my son was just rx'd Levaquin - the cheapest I can get it in US is online for $20/PILL!!!!

If I order from Canada, I can get it for $5/pill! WHAT a difference!!! If one is underinsured/not insured, it becomes impossible.

The new Part D isn't very good either for Medicare - each of my 88 yo MIL and my DH use less than $20/meds per month. SO-

-- why should either be forced into paying a premium of $22 up per month NOW just so that some time in the future, when they might need more, they wouldn't have to pay the 1% penalty per month for the rest of their lives?!? This is a rigged system trying to force everyone to sign up, grrr!

By the way, one cannot buy NARCOTIC rx's without a prescription in Mexico either... but one can buy abx and many other things without a RX.

best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
  18. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Its people doing stupid things like that causing innocent people who desperately need pain meds to be turned away by doctors as drug seekers.

Eventually your friend will be caught. Who would she be selling drugs to? I consider someone doing this as a criminal also whoever purchases her pills.

To be honest with you, you don't know that police personnel don't monitor or read this board or are members. If they thought someone was involved in criminal activity, they could request your identity and ask you who she is.

Stranger things have happened. I would not even discuss this on a public board.

Actually, in some countries, you can purchase codeine over the counter. I met a lady today visiting from Australia who walked in the pharmacy where I was and needed pain meds. She's had two back surgeries. She is on vacation and did not realize the drugs were only sold by prescription here in the US.

I felt sorry for her and called my pain doc who agreed to see her tomorrow night at 7pm. (He is so busy he works late). I then took her to his office so she would know where they were located, and she gave them her information.

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2006]
  19. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I had the opposite problem. My sister had a lot of pain and so did her the dip she is married to. He has had 2 back surgeries and was told after the first one not to do any thing but sit in his recliner but no he knew better so he tilled the garden and screwed up what the surgery had fixed and the MD found out about it and cut him off for not doing as he was told.

ABout that time my daughter had to have her tonsils out and she had 2 bottles of Tyonoel with codine . 1 had about 1/4 of the bottle left in it and the other was totally full. My sister came over { I was not home at the time but my daughter who had her tonsils out was home} She asked my daughter if she could borrow something and my daughter went to look for what she had wanted to borrow , she did stop and look out of the door and saw her Aunt take the bottle with the least amount of meds in it and put it in her pocket. Then my sister left with what she came to borrow. THE PAIN MEDS.

When I learned of this . I went to confront her with this and it was in her pocket but I could not get it out with out causing a scene. In the past she has taken my Xanax, I would just have filled them and I would go to take one and wonder what the Heck was going on as there were 60 pills in the bottle when I left home and when I got home there were 30 pills.

So over the years she has taken more pain pills from me that I can count.

To me it never came to mind that any one would sell there pain meds to anyone . I was at the mall one day and the police were there showing all the different kinds of perscription pills that were being sold. I take Xanax and I saw it there and as I knew the police officer I said Well if I knew that I could sell these and he gave me a look that could kill some one and I said to him " Just kidding you know me well enough to know I would not do that. " HE calmed down after that,but up untill that point I would not have ever thought of doing that .

I have had a hard enough time getting perscritpions and paying for my meds so why would I sell them.? I am in enough pain and I need my meds and I would never do some thing like that .

I also know of people who change their scripts too. The doctor writes out 10 pills and they change it to 100 . Anyway they will take what ever amount has been prescribed to them and change it.

And of course they usually get caught and sent to prison. AS it is so illigal.

All of these things would never have occoured to me in any life time.
    Rosemarie
  20. tandy

tandy New Member

at this point I think I'd buy some.???

would'nt ever sell em tho. cause I NEED them.

but I can't find a dr. willing to give me anything strong

oh well,...
    they'll get caught oneday cause they are cracking down big time on street selling of prescription meds.