Does Bad Weather Seem to Make Symtoms Worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Staceymarie, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

Hey guys, A quick question. I was just wondering if any of you experience this problem. If its a very overcast day, no sunshine, you get the point....do you feel like you're in a daze or more tired? Some days, when it's really cloudy, I feel like my vision gets blurry and I see white spots. I know this sounds totally crazy but so are all the other symptoms I have as well. Don't get me wrong, when I'm in the midst of one of my "flare ups" I am so exhausted I have to come home from work and take a 2-3 hr nap before attempting to cook dinner and the brain fog makes me feel like I'm stoned or poisoned. But the past 6 mos. I have been feeling really good (still tired) and it seems as if the weather really affects me.

Stacey
  2. nacl4y

nacl4y New Member

Yes. The people I work with joke that I am their personal weather predictor. If a storm is coming, my symptoms flare - particularly my fatigue and "spaciness", and I feel like the stuffing has been pulled out of me, so to speak.

If there is a temperature change, my pain level will increase dramatically - no matter whether it's a postivie or negative change.

Severe pressure changes associated with a storm usually result in severe pressure headaches for me - sometimes lasting for days at a time.

Just one of the perks of the illness I guess. :p
  3. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

You hit the nail on the head.....my family thinks I'm crazy when I tell them I can tell that its going to storm because although I don't always get a bad headache, I feel as though my head is full...a pressure feeling. Hard to describe. And that feeling can last for days. Thanks
    Stacey
  4. crackerB

crackerB New Member

Hiya, Hiya,

I was living in Las Vegas, NV for 3 years and charted my flare-ups to the barometric pressure. There was and is a direct correlation. During the summer monsoon it was very evident. Along that line of thinking, the Atacama desert in Chile hasn't had rain in200 years. Might be a good place for all of us. Plus I hear there is Lithium in the drinking and everybody is happy happy happy. jd
  5. jka

jka New Member

i can always tell if bad weather is coming.i get stiff,foggy,muscles hurt and i'm tired.it takes a few days to get over.

kathy c
  6. iodine

iodine New Member

Hello, I too suffer a lot when it is bad weather. I use to think it was me. I was just recently diagnosed and my doctor seems tothink that if I can just sleep throught the night - I'll be cured. I am taking 150 mg of tranzadone and I still wake up every hour on the hour Has sleeping through the night helped anybody?????
  7. nje

nje New Member

i suffer horribly in the winter,actually i go in total hibernation,no kidding,i`m 100% sick all winter long. warm weather is better,but i still suffer ,i`ve noticed since hot weather,that my head,neck,ears,jaw and face, on the left side aches horribly. somtimes both sides do. but i`ve just started noticing it since the warmer weather is here. and this is to iodine the 1 that wrote about,getting a good nights sleep not helping her, well its never helped my pain or any of the fm symptoms to get any better,i go to bed aching,wake up aching. hope this helps nje
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Weather Forecaster here. I just feel achy all over before it storms. I can tell when we have a change before the news comes on.

But I am one of those strange people who love stormy weather. It seems to be like a tranquilzer to me. I always have the feeling that the rain washes everything off, and its like a new world afterwards. No, I am no poet.

I am achy, but mentally a happy camper!

Shalom, Shirl
  9. ChiaPet

ChiaPet New Member

That most everyone here has a problem with cold,rainy days.I find I feel better on them.

Its the heat and humidity right now thats killing me.

I was told that if its too hot OR too cold its not good for FMS.That 60 degrees is the perfect temp.I find I rather be cold than hot tho'.
  10. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

Hi Stacey,
    I have definitely noticed a worsening of my achiness when there is a barometer shift. Rainy days make me feel like I am 80 (going on 40). Dry, clear days are usually much better. Not sure if there is much to do about it, except live in a climate that works for you!
    -Kristi :)
  11. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

We have had a rain front here for about two weeks now and I have been at my worse--achy and stiff. Florida does have the ocean breeze but this also brings dampness. Can't win!
    Is there really a perfect place to live??????
    Tania
  12. asilnna

asilnna New Member

Weather doesnt affect me. i have heard it does a lot of people and have watched out for it, but guess I'm lucky.
  13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Not the fibro symptoms anyway. I do have some arthritis and it can make that feel more stiff. June

14. Charlieann

Charlieann New Member

As I read this, the weather has changed from stormy for a few days to sunny and cool. I can certainly relate to others when you say the headaches tell the weather. I wish my husband would believe all this!! Hugs and peace