Does benefiber have gluten in it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Does this affect your gluten free diet? I've started this diet recently.
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I hope this link works ... If not google benefiber gluten and you'll see this thread at celiac dot com. Along with the manufacturers website ...

Manufacturers change their recipes without telling us so anytime you want to know if anything has gluten just google it and the word gluten. But be sure to look at gluten free websites as well as the manufacturer website. You can call and ask to them, but I found out the hard way that you're more likely to get the correct answer if you email them.

Notice that benefiber contains 10 ppm which means that they can say it's gluten free. Our lovely government agreed that as long as something is 20 ppm or less the manufacturer can call it GF. I'd be sick as a dog if I ate this ...

You may want to just increase your whole fresh fruits and veggies too.

HTH ... Marcia
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

You could try psyillium, Jarrow heavy metal detox, or other soluble fiber, maybe?

Or if you're looking to detox, phytosterols are a bit stronger than soluble fiber. They'll make you detox faster and possibly have more side effects, like slowing down the digestive system.

[This Message was Edited on 07/13/2008]
  4. floridagrl

floridagrl New Member

Konosyl is gluten free but it is grainy but it works and has more fiber than the others