Does body pain and headaches come on suddenly??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jun 26, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've never been one to have headaches but in the last few months they've been coming on more frequently. I usually wake up with one. Other times I can be ok then all of a sudden get a sharp pain anywhere on the head. Which always scares me cause I tend to think the worst when it comes to that. This is probably normal for us??

What about body pain. I've not had any real bad pain for the last few days then today I'm standing in the shower and all of a sudden I get a sharp pain down the left leg and have had it all day,can't hardly move. This happens all the time. Can be ok one minute then the next I'm almost out of breath in pain. Guess this is normal also. I've tried to stay off the pain meds cause I couldn't work and function with them but since I'm not working might as well load up on them.LOL..

Take Care, Keke
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

have you check your blood pressure...sometimes waking up with headache in the moring is a sign...i saw your age and i am not far behind you...but check it out...when your at work some night....

otherwise yes i get those danr headaches from hell.. sometimes i feel like an ice pick is going through my skull...
    and i get migraines...

now is jsut started welbutrin and seemed to be getting frequent headaches...i'm about to give up...

pain everyday...and a different pill to try..

jodie
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have never been one to have headaches at all either (I'm 50). Just this six months, I've been getting terrible ones. Not all the time, they just come on suddenly, sometimes lasting a couple of days.

As for various body pains and aches, I spend have my life saying OWWWWW! All of a sudden, I'll get a pain somewhere. I usually take my pain med at night with my sleeping pill so I can get a good rest and handle the next day.

This is one weird and wacky condition!

Regards,

Eileen.

PS...other poster had a good idea to get your blood pressure checked. Mine is always low, 100/60.
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi KeKe,

I have had heacdaches all my life, regular, sinus, and migraines.

For me when I wake up in the morning with one it is due to sinuses, but that's just ME.

I get pain all of a sudden too. Like you, I can be in the shower and get a pain shooting or throbbing and can't move.
    But mine usually goes away and/or moves somewhere else withing an hour or so. Sometimes even within minutes.

This probably didn't help you much, but I just wanted to share.

Take care!
    C-mom