does caffine or sugar make achiness worse in CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mq, Jun 19, 2003.

1. mq

mq New Member

I was wondering if there is a correlation between my morning cappicino (the best $25 I've ever spent!) and my achiness which seems to usually start around lunch...
    except today it starte at breakfeast...but yesterday I moved some stuff around and don't know if that makes it worse, too.
    dr. is upping my thyroid and hydrocortisone.
    mq
  2. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Mq, Layinglow responded to this post very well. With FMS, sugar and caffeine will aggravate it, even though, many of us crave sugar. I gave up caffeine last September, and it was the best thing for me. As far as sugar goes, I use stevia in my decaf coffee. Sometimes I allow myself a treat like a cookie or something else sweet, but I always feel worse with pain, fatigue and brain fog afterwards. If you want to cut out caffeine, do it SLOWLY, as far as sugar goes, that's a hard one to cut out completely, I always struggle with it. Good luck, Chelz.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is available to make your cappucino if you make it in your own machine. You can buy them decaf or ask for a half and half.

Go to half and half for a while and slowly decrease the caffeine until you are drinking all decaf. You will get used to it and still be able to enjoy it without the extra grief it causes.

Some of us, including me, use a little caffeine as a stimulant in the morning. It doesn't take much but it does help a little with energy.

Love, Mikie
  4. mq

mq New Member

I can't afford to buy fresh bread, and it takes so much energy (it seems) to make it...kneading can get me in trouble w/ achiness etc.I'm feeding 10 people, so it's not a loaf a week, you know! Yes, the children can help...
    and it takes more time and money to eat this way.
    It makes me sad...I was determined to cook "healthy" for us, when we got married 15 years ago. But about the time we were chasing 2 toddlers, tube feeding a baby, and helping my mil w/ Parkinson's I gave up. I'm convinced that that combined w/ not listening to my own desires to rest regularily (like not work after supper) got me where I am.....
    mq