Does cold weather make FM symptoms worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1959, May 31, 2003.

1. 1959

1959 New Member

Just wondering if the weather effects fibromyalgia symptoms. Also, is anyone using Vioxx for inflammation?
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Cold air hurts. I'm in Texas and the heat use to not bother me, but now I can hardly stand it either.

Don't use vioxx so someone else will need to comment.

I take vicodin (1/2 dose), 1 a.m. and 1 late afternoon which takes the edge off the pain. Then I take a soma at nite which causes me to go to sleep - something I have had problems with for years.
  3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Cold and damp weather make me feel worse.

I am allergic to Vioxx but I hear it is good for some. My mom uses Bekstra and likes that.

Good luck to you !
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I seem to be in different levels of pain and discomfort depending on the air temperature..and whether or not there is a high or low pressure front over the top of my town. Fibromyalgia is not an inflammatory syndrome. So if you are taking vioxx for fibro, you may want to rethink that.
  5. kgg

kgg New Member

It made my pain much worse. We actually moved to the southwest last fall to avoid another cold winter. I believe I would have been bedridden had we stayed in Maine this past winter. As it is, I feel much better. I think it is the dry air as much as the lack of cold. -Karen
  6. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

the cold weather hurts me really bad if i get chilled i hurt so so bad... i can stand the heat the humidity is something else
  7. Meowoink

Meowoink New Member

....I live in FL & I get along much better during our winter months with the pain better than I do in the summer. I am 'ok' with the cold weather as long as I DON'T get CHILLED to the bone. When that happens, I am in for a major flare..
    Of course FL winters are nothing compared to northern winters. Summers are terrible for my fibro & the fatigue is worse during those months. I love this board & always lurking, but I don't post often. Alot of encouragement on this board.....
    jthomasomally@webtv.net
  8. Wezz

Wezz New Member

sometimes my cfs symptoms seem worse in cold weather.
    taking a hot bath or shower may help
  9. JannyW

JannyW New Member

oh yeah, cold weather, humid weather, rainy weather ... they all make me feel worse. I take Vioxx for arthritis ... what was your question about that??

Jan ^v^
  10. lucky

lucky New Member

The cold winters in Ontario really have a very big impact on my CFS/FMS - not only that but I also suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - and I cannot wait until after X-Mas to get to a warmer and sunny climate where at least I can be more physical active and walk and bycicle if I feel like it which I would not be able to do here...and it certainly makes a big difference in my wellbeing.
    Sincerely, Lucky
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2003]
  11. jka

jka New Member

cold air always makes me feel worse.my hand and feet become so painful, i want to cry.me husband bought me some battery powered heater gloves and i wear layers of soaks.ay work(elementry)my boss had to cut back on my recess duties.also makes my muscles more painful.

kathy c