Does constant pain make....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mommyinpain, Oct 31, 2006.

1. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

you hateful and mean to your family? I am in so much pain that sometimes I find myself raising my voice even when I don't mean to.

I get so frustrated somtimes because I know no one realizes the pain I'm in and I just want to cry and do cry sometimes.

It just seems like people could look at me and tell how bad I feel but apparently not.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else feels like this. MIP
  2. leubie

leubie New Member

yes-------pain makes me a horrible person to be around--------i wish none of us had PAIN!!!!!!!!! i know exactly how you feel and im sorry for us!!!! LOVE TO ALL---------LAURA
  3. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Bumping for more insight!!!!
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

I'm basically a very nice person but sometimes it someone touches me in a certain way, hits my back, puts their arm around my neck to hug me, etc. I come close to physically lashing out because of the pain. Sometimes the meds I take make me VERY cranky and I can feel myself losing patience with those I love. My children are 18 and older so I have more time to myself now but still, sometimes my daughter wants to talk about something that's important to her and I don't have the patience to listen and be supportive because I'm in pain or cranky. When I'm feeling good I try to over-compensate because I feel guilty! It's a vicious cycle.
  5. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

completely, Joanng. I feel the same way and I hate feeling like that. MIP
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I remember one morning I had just about had it, and mum and I got into it about me not being able to "push myself" and I SNAPPED! I never yell at anyone but sweet Jesus, I yelled at her. Ruined the whole day for both of us, but I think we now have a better understanding of each other because of it...

7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i think pain almost always effects paoples moods. i know when i'm really having a bad flare i become extremely moody. i have a very short temper, become anxious and also will get to the point of tears over tiny little things. i also get to the point of not wanting to talk to anyone because of the pain. it's hard to contol your emotions when you feel like crap! i tnink mood changed are a very natural reaction to chronic pain unfortunatly.
    rachel