Does CuddleEwe really work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Nov 27, 2005.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I have CFS and have had sleep difficulties for years, since our daughter was born 4 years ago. I know a lot of it is biorhthym stuff...our kiddo took 18 mo. to sleep through the night and still wakes occasionally. But I also have times when I get really cold or really warm, despite our nice down comforter and great mattress. I'm also a toss and turn sleeper...always have been.

I was just wondering if the CuddleEwe mattress pads make that much of a difference. I am desperate for restorative sleep, and with Christmas and my and hubby's BDs coming up thought maybe this would be a good gift. Hubby also always complains the bedding we have is too hot...he "runs warm", esp. in the summer when I need to still be under piles of covers. Would it help him, too?

Thanks for any info!
    C.
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Is it a fitted mattress pad or more of just a sheet? If the latter, how do you hold it in place? Hubby and I both move around a lot at night, being the type A restless people we are! :) Thanks.
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Nice thing is that you can return it if you do not find it helps. You do pay for shipping it back. Right now it is on sale by 20% off and free shipping and a free pillow. That is from our store on this site and part of the profits go to research of our illness.

I have done searches on it...by using the search feature on this site. I find such positive responses.

See where I posted that I just ordered one and had questions. I got a great response.

Check at the store and read on it.I just gave a feather bed
    that I used for awhile away it was not helping. I have tried much. Search, read and see if maybe you think it is for you. Blessings
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I ordered mine Nov 19 and they shipped it Nov 21. I'm hoping it comes today, Nov 28.

I will let you know what I think after I've slept on it a night or two. I can't wait to try it!

It is a mattress topper and goes between your mattress and the fitted sheet, so the fitted sheet holds it in place.

Katy
  5. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

I got mine last week. it is comfortable but i don't sleep any better. its about 3 inches thick and weighs a ton so it souldn't move around to much. i have nights when the whole matress shifts of the bed because i move around so much, but the cuddle ewe is still in place. lol i really don't think it was worth the money. although one good point is that i don't seem to sweat as much as i did with the foam topper and that is a big plus.
    Peaceful Holidays Sheri
  6. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

Hey Thanks for asking that question, my husband & I were wondering the same thing, we were just talking about it 2 days ago!! We have been hearing about Cuddle Ewe for a couple of years now, Dr. Laura(radio program) always talks about it. I think I will try it out, people respond differently to everything, just like some meds work well for one person but not another, if it doesn't work out well I'll just send it back. Even if it can even out my body temp at night it would be worth every penny!!!
  7. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Thanks for the insights. I appreciate the honest feedback!
  8. bigmh

bigmh New Member

The Cuddle Ewe is OK, but we prefer the memory foam mattress topper. We used the Cuddle Ewe for several years, but after using the memory foam, it felt like gravel! The memory foam is warmer, but worth it for us. My hubby doesn't have FM, just a stiff shoulder which is better with the memory foam. I ache from head to toe, but sleep better with the foam. Good luck! B